Estimated Reading Time: <1
The convoy of the acting General Officer Commanding (GOC), 7 Division Nigerian Army, Brigadier General Victor Ezugwu was this morning ambushed by suspected Boko Haram terrorists en route to visit troops in Bama.
Although Ezugwu was out of harm’s way, one soldier died and two others were injured.
The Nigerian troops were were able to clear the ambush, killing some of the terrorists and recovered vehicle and weapons from them.
The recovered items include a Toyota Hilux vehicle, 2 AK-47 rifles and several ammunitions.
Ezugwu continued his operational visit to Bama, while the body of the late soldier and the wounded have been evacuated to Maiduguri.
The Chief of Army Staff, Lieutenant General Tukur Yusuf Buratai has also spoken with the GOC.
Colonel Sani Usman, the military spokesman reiterated the Nigerian Army’s determination to continue to clear the remnants of the Boko Haram terrorists wherever they might be hiding.
- Coronavirus infections in Nigeria increased with 8,733 confirmed cases
- Federal Government set to release guidelines on school reopening
- Three proposed COVID-19 herbal cures identified for further investigation – FG
- Ekiti Assembly passes Tourism, Hospitality Licensing and Regulation Bill
- FG to amend National Endowment for the Arts Act
- Trading resumes in NSE after Eid-el-Fitr celebration with 0.07% growth
- Radio stations fined for violations against the Nigerian Broadcasting code
- Trump threatens to ‘close down’ social media after Twitter labelled two of his tweets “unsubstantiated”
- Breaking: In Edo State, Ize-Iyamu collects APC governorship form, and Governor Obaseki speaks
- “We dried our tears” – 17-year-old girl who escaped Boko Haram after being abducted and held in captivity for four years described life in the Sambisa forest