Estimated Reading Time: <1
The management of the University of Lagos on Thursday ordered the immediate closure of the institution ?following students’ protests over epileptic power supply and poor water supply.
In a circular issued Thursday, the school said the closure was also due to the difficulties faced by the “large number of students” living off campus to attend classes as a result of the lingering fuel crisis.
“Senate noted that the problem of poor municipal service is a national issue that the governments at both state and federal level are addressing,” the circular stated.
The management also ordered the students to vacate their halls of residence immediately.
“A decision to re-open for normal academic activities will be made as soon as municipal services improve,” the circular said.
“All members of the University community are enjoined to go about their normal activities as adequate security measures have been put in place.”
Read document below..
- LAUTECH: Oyo Government approves N8Billion payment to Osun Government
- Fredrick Nwabufo: I’m a ‘herdsman’ — all herdsmen are not bandits
- COVID-19: Federal Government says ultra chain cold facility ready for vaccine storage
- Ondo Govt says Presidency backing criminal elements masquerading as herdsmen
- Like Trump, Buhari will be remembered for failure – Fayose
- Civil servants in Rivers State begin work from home
- Lessons Nigerians should learn from the Donald Trump presidency
- This government is reversing the spate of insecurity – Senate President promises
- Ondo State Government insists herdsmen must leave forest reserves within 7 days
- Matthew Hassan Kukah: An Open letter to Alhaji Sir Ahmadu Bello