Estimated Reading Time: <1
Kaduna state governor, Nasir El-rufai has said that he wonders why people refer to him as a nice governor even after he demolished their houses.
He made the statement while performing the closing ceremony of the Kaduna Economic and Investment Summit on Thursday.
“I wonder why people still refer to me as a nice governor even when I demolished their houses. I am not a nice governor. I thank the people of Kaduna State for voting for us. We did not pay kobo to get those votes, if it were in those days without the card reader, we would have lost the election. I promise you, we will keep working until we make this state a better place for you.”
The governor also disclosed that it was President Buhari that “forced” him into entering the governorship race in Kaduna state in revenge for persuading him (Buhari) to run the presidential race. He said,
“If he had not asked me to run for the governorship, I wouldn’t have stood before you today as the governor of Kaduna State. It is the Buhari phenomenon that had swept away the PDP. Buhari is a man of integrity, a Nigerian leader whose name has not been found in the Panama documents. The president inherited 16 years of impunity, and it will take time to clean it up, so, all Nigerians need to be patient with him. And, with the quality of leaders we have in the country, Nigeria will take its rightful place in the comity of nations”
- Chairman of Nigeria Medical Association tests positive for COVID-19 in Nasarawa
- “And just like that, my life has changed forever” – Chimamanda Adichie pens emotional tribute in honour of her late father
- Five persons have lost their lives as boat capsizes along Ikorodu Channel of the Lagos State Waterways
- ‘Irresponsible and cheap politics’ – How Bukola Saraki described APC statement linking him with Hushpuppi
- APC wants security agencies to probe reports linking suspected cybercriminal, Hushpuppi to top-ranking PDP members
- Just In: Abia State Governor, Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu has tested negative for COVID-19
- Breaking: Ebonyi State Governor, Dave Umahi, tests Positive for COVID-19
- Governor Akeredolu rejects the idea of handing over power to deputy governor
- Eunice Ortom, wife of Benue State governor, her son and some of her staff have tested positive for COVID-19
- Udo Jude Ilo: Making the best of the Public Anger on Sexual and Gender-Based Violence