Estimated Reading Time: <1
The National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), on Monday, announced the death of a corps member, Okonta Samuel, with call-up number RV/15B/5539, during the re-run elections in Rivers State.
A statement by the NYSC said Samuel, who served at GCSS Ukpeliede, was shot dead by unknown gunmen in Ahoada West Local Government Area.
The scheme said: “The murder of this patriotic young man, who was an orphan, is primitive, barbaric, and ungodly; and should be strongly condemned by all well-meaning Nigerians.
“The NYSC shall work with relevant agencies to ensure that the perpetrators of this heinous act are fished out and made to face the full wrath of the law.
“We consider Okonta Samuel’s death as a great loss, not only to his immediate family, but also to all of us in the NYSC family and the entire nation. It prayed for the repose of his soul and for the family to have the fortitude to bear the loss. NYSC also said two other corps members that were with the deceased at the time of the incident were rescued by security agents.
It added: “We also wish to inform that another corps member Anana Aniekan Udoetor (RV/15B/5537), who was earlier reported missing, has been found and is hale and hearty.”
- Bauchi State Deputy Governor Tests Positive For COVID-19
- LASG says 4th Mainland Bridge construction will begin early 2021
- 18 Year Old Student Raped & Murdered In Ibadan
- Revised Budget: FG allocates 27.7 Billion to national assembly while health & education get over 40% cuts
- COVID-19: Nigerian scientists say they have developed a vaccine
- COVID-19 Update: Total infections rise To 10,819 as Nigeria records 241 new cases
- For allegedly confiscating N284.5m, Nasarawa State Assembly demands sack of SSG
- NCAA announce a number of airports where domestic flights will resume Operations in Nigeria
- Churches and Mosques remain closed in Lagos
- Again, blackout in Nigeria as national electricity grid collapse