Estimated Reading Time: <1
The All Progressives Congress (APC) in Rivers state has called for a cancellation of Saturday’s legislative rerun election, describing it as worse than the 2015 general election.
Davies Ikanya, chairman of the party, made the call at a news conference in Port Harcourt, the state capital, on Monday.
Ikanya said the outcome of the election was not acceptable because the process was not free, fair and credible.
“The position of Rivers APC is that the entire re-run elections in the state were marred by irregularities, violence and unlawful interference by the state government,” he said.
“Inadequate security compromised the process, especially with indiscriminate, irregular and untrained ad-hoc staff.”
Ikanya said the conduct of the election fell far below acceptable standard, adding that no credible result could come out of the process.
“The APC, therefore, calls on INEC to cancel the entire rerun election in the state to enable it to correct the pitfalls,” he said.
- Sokoto to construct flyovers with N10.2 billion
- Nigeria’s Vice President wants probe allegation he received N4bn from Ibrahim Magu
- A total of N281 billion has so far been released to the NDDC since 2016 – here’s why the senate declared open an investigation
- Attorney General, member Nasarawa state task force test positive for COVID-19
- Nigeria begin evacuation of another batch of citizens stranded in Europe
- Opinion: Violence in Nigeria has taken diverse forms in recent times
- Wike of Rivers State has advised residents to be wary of air travellers from Abuja and Lagos – states with high coronavirus cases
- Oniru residents write Sanwo-olu over New Oba’s alleged use of thugs
- Just In: Nigeria develops, launches COVID-19 test kit
- The Vice President did not collect N4 Billion from Magu – Laolu Akande