Estimated Reading Time: <1
President Muhammadu Buhari on Thursday announced the appointment of a renowned blogger & Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi as his Special Assistant on Digital/New Media.
— Garba Shehu (@GarShehu) February 18, 2016
The appointment was announced in a series of tweets from the official Twitter handle of the Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Mallam Garba Shehu.
Ogunlesi, an award winning writer, graduated from the University of Ibadan in 2004, and obtained a Masters’ degree in Creative Writing from the University of East Anglia, UK, in 2011.
Before his appointment, Ogunlesi had worked as a Features Editor and Editorial Board member of NEXT Newspaper.
Recall that the president also appointed Mr. Bashir Ahmad as his Personal Assistant on New Media.
- Justice Akon Ikpeme has been confirmed as Cross River State Chief Judge
- Nigeria has recorded its worst rating on Transparency International’s Corruption Perception Index
- Members of host communities broke into a fight at PIB public hearing
- Fact Check: Photo shared as evidence of Nigerian Army’s attack in Orlu is false
- Getting pregnant out of wedlock is embarrassing to the Police Force – Police PRO
- COVID-19: Federal Government cannot force anyone to take the vaccine – Sultan of Sokoto
- Wole Soyinka scolds National Assembly
- President Buhari has signed COVID-19 Regulations 2021; find the details here
- Amnesty International alleges continued police brutality
- NIMC suspends proposed strike