Estimated Reading Time: <1
President Muhammadu Buhari will depart Abuja on Friday for Sharm El-Sheikh, Egypt to participate in the Business for Africa, Egypt and the World Forum.
The forum, which opens in the Egyptian resort town on Saturday is being organized by the Egyptian government under the auspices of the African Union Commission.
The forum’s objective is to accelerate private sector engagement and investment within Africa and promote the development of African ties and partnerships.
President Buhari, President Abdel-Fattah El-Sisi of Egypt and the Presidents of Togo, Sudan, Kenya, Gabon, Equatorial Guinea and the Prime Minister of Ethiopia are among confirmed speakers at the forum.
Other confirmed speakers include the President of the African Development Bank, Dr. Akinwumi Adesina and the President/CEO of Dangote Group, Aliko Dangote.
The President will be accompanied on the trip by the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Mr. Geoffrey Onyeama and the Minister of Industry, Trade and Investment, Dr Okechukwu Enelama.
He will return to Abuja at the conclusion of the forum, Femi Adesina said in a statement, without indicating the exact date of return.
- BREAKING: Inflation rate declines for the first time in 20 months
- In Kaduna, Banks, Schools, Airport, Hospitals, others shut as NLC vows not to back down on Industrial action
- Breaking: Nigeria’s Vice-President, Yemi Osinbajo talks 2023 presidential race
- A UNIJOS Professor and her husband have been kidnapped in Plateau
- ‘We have started the process to impeach Senate President Ahmed Lawan’- Lawmaker
- Kaduna Strike: ‘El-Rufai never believes he is wrong but we will compel him’ – NLC
- Atiku ask Governors to embrace unity and solve Nigeria’s insecurity crisis
- ‘Military needs modern weapons and training’ – IBB says
- Hoodlums attack INEC Headquaters in Enugu
- Insecurity: PDP Governors to meet in Oyo State