Estimated Reading Time: <1
President Muhammadu Buhari sacked the former Director-General for the Budget Mr. Yahaya Gusau, announced today in a press release from his Senior Special Adviser for Media and Publicity Femi Adesina. The press statement issued by Mr. Adesina expressly states that the new appointment is connected to “officials responsible for budget scandal.”
It is however clear that Nigerian President didn’t even read the contents of the budget summary as some agencies did not only Present the 2015 budget to the National assembly for 2016, others clearly denied the budget.. The Controversy started when the President had withdrawn the original document it had submitted to the National assembly during its joint session…
The chairman, Senate Committee on Appropriation, Danjuma Goje, (APC-Gombe State), and his House of Representatives counterpart, Abdulmumin Jibrin (APC-Kano), last week said the suspension of the budget was necessary to enable the National Assembly carry out “proper clean-up” of the budget.
A senior presidency official blamed “budget mafia” for the controversial contents, in reference to civil servants responsible for preparing the budget, which clearly shows the President didn’t read the budget summary, because if had, some of the embarrasing outing should have been avoided .
Mr. Tijiani Mohammed Abdullahi was however appointed today to replace Mr. Gusau according to Mr. Adesina’s statement.
Additionally, President Buhari approved the appointment of Mr. Ben Ifeanyi Akabueze as the Special Adviser on Planning to the Minister of Budget and National Planning. .
The full press release can be found below:
President Buhari Officials Responsible For Budget Scandal
President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the appointment of Mr. Tijjani Mohammed Abdullahi as the Director-General (Budget).
Mr. Abdullahi, a fellow of the Certified National Accountants of Nigeria, and a banker of repute with experience in managing public finance, will replace the current Director-General (Budget), Mr. Yahaya Gusau.
The new Director-General (Budget) is expected to work with the Minister of Budget and National Planning to efficiently deliver on the mandates of the Budget Office of the Federation.
President Buhari has also approved the appointment of Mr Ben Ifeanyi Akabueze as the Special Adviser on Planning to the Minister of Budget and National Planning.
Mr Akabueze who is the immediate past Commissioner for Economic Planning and Budget in Lagos State, has worked in senior management positions in Citi Bank, Fidelity Bank, United Bank for Africa, NAL Merchant Bank, Sterling Bank and BIA Consulting Limited, among others.
He is Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Bankers; Fellow, Institute of Credit Administrators and Honorary Fellow, Chartered Institute of Bankers.
Special Adviser to the President
(Media & Publicity)
February 15, 2015
- Cross River, EU destroy arms surrendered by militants in the state
- State Governors meet with Miyetti Allah in Akure; here are some of the resolutions reached
- Filmmakers should collect permit to avoid harassment – Sanwo-Olu
- Federal Government is insincere with the handling of herdsmen crisis – Bamikole Omisore
- How I lost my wife, 4 children to Flood – 50-year-old man narrates in new CDD documentary
- Gunmen who invaded Abuja orphanage demand for N30 Million
- Governor Kayode Fayemi, says herdsmen were not asked to vacate Ondo State – blames the media
- Just In: Court orders Kaduna prison to release El-Zakzaky’s wife, Zeenat for COVID treatment
- Police investigate Apostle Suleman for allegedly sleeping with pastor’s wife & threatening his life
- PDP justifies Wike’s N500Million donation to Sokoto State