Estimated Reading Time: <1
Former leader of the Movement for the Actualization of the Sovereign State of Biafra, MASSOB,Chief Ralph Uwazuruike yesterday appointed Rev. Fr. Samuel Aniebonam as Chairman of the Biafra Independent National Electoral Commission, B-INEC.
Uwazuruike, who now leads the Biafra Independence Movement, BIM, announced the appointment at Ojukwu Memorial Library, Owerri, Imo State, explained that the measure was in line with BIM’s principle of non-violence towards establishing a sovereign control over the territorial boarders of the new Biafra.
The newly promoted BIM Director of Information, Chris Mocha, who issued a statement to this effect in Onitsha, quotes Uwazuruike as stating that the Catholic priest and his team would conduct and supervise the internal election in all the offices of the movement come February 22, 2016.
- Doctors at Kogi Federal Medical Center begin Indefinite strike over armed attack
- Domestic flights to resume July 8 at Lagos, Abuja airports
- Suspended National Broadcasting Commission DG re-arraigned over ‘N2.5 billion fraud
- Lagos airport gets N2.2bn for runway extension
- Former chairperson of NSITF, Ngozi Olejeme, forfeits 48 properties
- Federal government increases petrol price to N143.80
- BudgIT launches open Nigerian states data portal
- National Assembly suspends special public works programme
- Ondo governorship polls; INEC suspends registration of new voters
- Newly released Senator Orji Kalu proposes amendment to criminal justice act