Estimated Reading Time: <1
Governor Nyelsom Wike of Rivers State has declared that he is ready to accept the verdict of the Supreme Court concerning the cancellation of his victory in the April 11, 2015 elections by the state election petitions tribunal.
This disclosure was made known by the governor at the State’s 2016 New Year banquet.
Wike also urged all his political loyalists, especially members of the National Assembly and the state assembly who lost their mandates at elections Appeal Court never to condemn judges and the judgments of the courts of law simply because it did not favour them.
Wike then charged the state candidates of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, to be confident because they will still emerge victorious, citing the commitment of the party to the wellbeing of the people as their biggest arsenal.
He further declared that the people are waiting for the total deployment of Card Readers, saying that the defeated APC in Rivers state will not win any unit because the APC and its sponsors have since betrayed the people.
It would be recalled, the tribunal had nullified Wike’s election victory on October 24 and ordered the Independent National Electoral Commission(INEC) to conduct fresh elections in the state within 90 days.
The Appeal Court supported this decision citing violations of the Electoral Act during the Rivers polls. Wike’s victory was challenged by opponent and APC candidate, Dakuku Peterside.
- Landlords should see how they can work out yearly rent to monthly payments – Sanwo-Olu
- NLC, TUC have been compromised to frustrate oil and gas reforms says National Youth Council
- Schools in Adamawa to reopen October 12
- Breaking: Explosion hits Lagos and Ogun border communities
- Ondo Election: INEC chairman meets with journalists, stakeholders in Akure
- Fredrick Nwabufo: IPOB/Oduduwa agitators’ alliance: Igbo, Yoruba were meant to be together
- Delta State AG and 136 other lawyers, shortlisted for rank of SAN
- Ibrahim Magu wants anyone who has ever offered him a bribe to “come out publicly”
- Nigeria’s presidential jet- one out of the fleet is up for sale
- Obaseki and PDP leaks false information to the media says Ize-Iyamu