Estimated Reading Time: <1
At least seven persons were killed and an unspecified number of teenage girls abducted in Bam Village, about seven kilometers away from Buratai village, the home town of Chief of Army Staff (COAS), Lt. Gen. Tukur Yusuf Buratai, on Sunday during an attack by the terrorist group, Boko Haram.
A resident of the area who fled to Miringa town for safety, Abubakar Ali, told newsmen on Sunday evening that the insurgents invaded his village about 3:30am and set ablaze the whole village.
He alleged that they killed four persons and later left with some of the yet to be married
He lamented that the insurgents operated in the village till about 5am and even had the audacity to “separate teenage girls from married women, set ablaze the whole village and left with the choice girls unchallenged.”
He said it was unfortunate that “these hoodlums always attacked our villages unchallenged. I am calling on General Buratai to do something about this for the soldiers seem to be doing little to checkmate them here.
“We have been telling the soldiers that the Boko Haram are in some villages around here but they only go to Mangari a few kilometres away from Buratai and shoot in the air and come back. It seems the soldiers are afraid to confront them.”
- Kanye West announces US presidential bid
- Rumours about Ebenezer Obey’s death are wicked and unfounded – Son
- People living with disabilities will be priotised in N-Power – FG
- Kano government to establish state anti-corruption institute
- Court of Appeal affirms Yahaya Bello as Governor of Kogi State – dismisses appeal of the PDP for lacking in merit
- Chairman of Nigeria Medical Association tests positive for COVID-19 in Nasarawa
- “And just like that, my life has changed forever” – Chimamanda Adichie pens emotional tribute in honour of her late father
- Five persons have lost their lives as boat capsizes along Ikorodu Channel of the Lagos State Waterways
- ‘Irresponsible and cheap politics’ – How Bukola Saraki described APC statement linking him with Hushpuppi
- APC wants security agencies to probe reports linking suspected cybercriminal, Hushpuppi to top-ranking PDP members