Estimated Reading Time: <1
The leadership of a faction for the Movement for the Actualization of the Sovereign State of Biafra, MASSOB, weekend, alleged that Nnamdi Kanu, the promoter of Radio Biafra, detained by security operatives, may have been murdered.
In a statement in Abakaliki, MASSOB factional Director of Information, Comrade Uchenna Madu, stated that information about Kanu’s murder was made available to the group through some security operatives sympathetic to the Biafran cause.
“Factional MASSOB has discovered that Mazi Nnamdi Kanu detained by Nigeria has been murdered in Abuja,”Madu said.
“Information to Biafra Intelligence Agency (BIA), through operatives sympathetic to the Biafran cause revealed it to us. Pro. Biafran groups may not believe it until Monday, Nov 23 when Nnamdi will be arraign in court.
“The cause information we are receiving from Abuja is not healthy, we’re still waiting till Monday. Nnamdi Kanu is the arrowhead of the Biafra agitation. Nigeria should be extremely careful on Nnamdi Kanu”.
“If government extra judicially kills Nnamdi Kanu, Nigeria will experience the worst volcanic rebellion and aggression.
“We call on the Ohaneze Ndigbo, South East Govs, Igbo leaders of thought, South-East and South-South Professionals, Igbo National Assembly members, traditional /religious leaders to call Nigeria’s Presidency to order now.
“We demand that Nnamdi Kanu must appear in court on Monday, Nov 23 alive or dead. We love non-violence & wish to maintain it but Nigeria is pushing Biafrans to the wall”.
- Ibrahim Magu spent his second night in police custody as DSS Operatives ransacked his homes
- Special Report: Fighting COVID-19 in Nigeria but citizens are dying of other illnesses due to neglect
- Kwara Governor loses chief of staff to COVID-19
- Senate ammends Police Act, okays four-year single tenure for IGP
- Schools in Kenya to remain shut until 2021
- “The continued lockdown order on the places of worship is no longer acceptable and reasonably justified” – CAN Leadership tackles Lagos Govt
- EFCC witness, Sani Dauda, denies offering Shehu Sani $25,000 as bribe
- Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority suspends airline, grounds 15 aircraft
- Senate passes anti-sexual harassment bill
- Ibrahim Magu has been suspended as the acting EFCC boss