Estimated Reading Time: <1
President of the Senate, Dr. Bukola Saraki has commended Nigerians home and abroad for their prospective policy recommendations.
According to a post on his facebook page “Last week, I asked Nigerians, at home and abroad, to partner with us at the Senate by suggesting prospective policy recommendations.
“We received thousands of mails, and I must say I am delighted at the in-depth report submitted by some of you,” he said.
The Senate President noted a few of the recommendations, which according to him, stood out viable for the 8th Senate to look into.
“Some suggestions such as the Animal Control Bill by Benard Bojuwoye, the Personal Income Tax Act Reform by Michael Oshinyemi a Nigerian in diaspora, and a bill to create more awareness on violence against citizens by Oludiya Funmilola, stand out as viable recommendations that the 8th Senate will look into.
“Other stand-out recommendations include a bill designed to address the exploitation of our tax laws and exploitation of Nigerians by multinational firms by Femi Obagun, and a brief policy for more stringent laws against rapists, a Workers Protection Act, an Alternate Financing to Economic Growth Act, a Policing and State Security Act, and a Government Transparency and Anti Corruption Act.
“These are just some of the suggestions that we have received, which I plan to go over in detail in the next few days to see how we can consider some of these bills,” Saraki said.
He then urged more Nigerians to share their thoughts and ideas saying the ideas will be crucial to establishing more representative laws.
The email for suggesting recommendations according to the Senate President is email@example.com
- Late Abba Kyari “fingered” in the ‘face-off’ between Abike Dabiri-Erewa and Minister Pantami -Read this Letter
- Parents Who Enroll Children Into Almajiri System May Go To Jail – El-Rufai
- Manager of Demolished Prodest Hotel Among 27 New COVID-19 Cases In Rivers
- All I Always Wanted In The Music Space Is Consistency – iLLBliss
- N-Power Beneficiaries Say They Have Not Received April Payment, Dispute Minister’s Claims
- INEC To Create E-Platforms For Submission Of Nomination Forms In Edo & Ondo Elections
- Nigerian Govt issues circular warning senior officials against leaking documents
- US Government probes Nigeria’s Akinwunmi Adesina at Africa Development Bank
- NDDC: Who Is Afraid Of The President’s Order For A Forensic Audit?
- 35 suspected cultists involved in recent killings in Calabar declared wanted