Estimated Reading Time: <1
Response To Bola Tinubu
I saw the statement said to be issued by Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu over a story published by The Sun newspapers. I have decided not to join issues with Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu. However, I know that most Nigerians are aware that there has been no meeting or communication between me and Asiwaju Tinubu since I was elected Senate President. Therefore, I do not see any basis for a newspaper to report that we are both plotting to oppose the President.
I recognise Tinubu as one of the leaders of the APC who contributed so much to the victory of the party in the last election. Some other people also contributed and I believe the collective efforts made it possible for the first time in the history of our party for an opposition party to win the general elections.
Let me state clearly that I remain a committed member of the APC and will do all in my power to ensure the party fulfill its promises to bring positive changes into the country.
Since my election as Senate President, my focus and efforts have been devoted to doing the job that I was elected to do by my constituents and my colleagues in the Senate. Twice, my colleagues have confirmed their support for me as the primus inter pares in the Senate.
As I said in my speech when we resumed from our recess late September and in Ikenne yesterday, the screening of ministerial nominees will be handled by me and my colleagues with all sense of responsibility and in adherence to the provision of the constitution. We will be fair to all and be guided by the interest of Nigeria.
The screening will be devoid of sentiment and it is not an opportunity for anybody to settle scores.
We are equally eager for us to make a positive difference in our polity and Nigerians will be able to judge us whether we acted in their best interest or not.
Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki CON
President Of The Senate
Federal Republic Of Nigeria.
- Coronavirus infections in Nigeria increased with 8,733 confirmed cases
- Federal Government set to release guidelines on school reopening
- Three proposed COVID-19 herbal cures identified for further investigation – FG
- Ekiti Assembly passes Tourism, Hospitality Licensing and Regulation Bill
- FG to amend National Endowment for the Arts Act
- Trading resumes in NSE after Eid-el-Fitr celebration with 0.07% growth
- Radio stations fined for violations against the Nigerian Broadcasting code
- Trump threatens to ‘close down’ social media after Twitter labelled two of his tweets “unsubstantiated”
- Breaking: In Edo State, Ize-Iyamu collects APC governorship form, and Governor Obaseki speaks
- “We dried our tears” – 17-year-old girl who escaped Boko Haram after being abducted and held in captivity for four years described life in the Sambisa forest