Estimated Reading Time: <1
Response To Bola Tinubu
I saw the statement said to be issued by Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu over a story published by The Sun newspapers. I have decided not to join issues with Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu. However, I know that most Nigerians are aware that there has been no meeting or communication between me and Asiwaju Tinubu since I was elected Senate President. Therefore, I do not see any basis for a newspaper to report that we are both plotting to oppose the President.
I recognise Tinubu as one of the leaders of the APC who contributed so much to the victory of the party in the last election. Some other people also contributed and I believe the collective efforts made it possible for the first time in the history of our party for an opposition party to win the general elections.
Let me state clearly that I remain a committed member of the APC and will do all in my power to ensure the party fulfill its promises to bring positive changes into the country.
Since my election as Senate President, my focus and efforts have been devoted to doing the job that I was elected to do by my constituents and my colleagues in the Senate. Twice, my colleagues have confirmed their support for me as the primus inter pares in the Senate.
As I said in my speech when we resumed from our recess late September and in Ikenne yesterday, the screening of ministerial nominees will be handled by me and my colleagues with all sense of responsibility and in adherence to the provision of the constitution. We will be fair to all and be guided by the interest of Nigeria.
The screening will be devoid of sentiment and it is not an opportunity for anybody to settle scores.
We are equally eager for us to make a positive difference in our polity and Nigerians will be able to judge us whether we acted in their best interest or not.
Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki CON
President Of The Senate
Federal Republic Of Nigeria.
- Nigeria to review her foreign policy in order to reflect current realities
- “‘Indictment’ reinforces our position that the EFCC, under his watch, has been a huge scam” – PDP on Ibrahim Magu
- Ose Anenih: Change and the Institutionalisation of Corruption
- Imo Governor queries IMSU VC over non-payment of staff salaries
- FG cancels resumption of schools, withdraws unity schools from 2020 WASSCE
- PHOTOS: Domestic flights resume in Nigeria’s airports
- Airborne transmission of COVID-19 cannot be ruled out says WHO
- Breaking: Ondo Assembly suspends deputy speaker
- Just In: An explosion on Oil mining lease 40 operated by NNPC has killed workers
- Doctors in Cross River State suspend strike