Estimated Reading Time: <1
Nigeria’s Super Eagles on Sunday defeated Cameroon’s the Indomitable Lions 3-0 in an international friendly played in Brussels.
The team put up a much improved performance against the Camerounians after a disappointing showing against the Democratic Republic of Congo.
The Super Eagles took the lead in the 39th minute through Efe Ambrose.
Moses Simon scored his second Eagle’s goal on the hour mark, when he blasted past the Cameroun goalkeeper after he was released by skipper Ahmed Musa.
Substitute Odion Ighalo took the game beyond the Indomitable Lions with a third goal two minutes from time, heading home a cross by Elderson Echiejile.
- Ondo Deputy Governor to contest under Zenith labour party
- More repentant Boko Haram fighters to be rehabilitated – MNJTF
- APC wins Nasarawa Central state constituency bye-election
- The remains of the late former senator, Buruju Kashamu, buried in Ijebu
- North East governors rally support for military fighting the Boko Haram in the region
- Kashamu loved Nigeria dearly but he was grossly misunderstood, Mr Reuben Abati says his late running mate groomed him
- Ekweremadu says the political crises in Edo state is an affront to Nigerian democracy
- US warn its citizens against travelling to Nigeria over the coronavirus pandemic
- “Nigerians will watch out for Obasanjo’s own end” – Ayodele Fayose upset about Obasanjo’s letter on Kashamu’s death
- Nigerians react as some Lagos churches reopen today amid fear of COVID-19