Estimated Reading Time: <1
The presidency has denied allegation that the former governor of Lagos state, Bola Ahmed Tinubu is under security watch over alleged plot against President Muhammadu Buhari.
The statement issued by Garba Shehu, Senior Special Assistant (SSA) on Media and Publicity to Buhari, reads:
The attention of the Presidency has been drawn to a false and sensational story by a leading newspaper to the effect that a pillar of the governing party, the APC, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu is “under security watch over alleged plot against Buhari.”
Nigerians are hereby advised to ignore this story because it is false and baseless.
We wish to confirm without any equivocation that the Asiwaju is not of any particular interest to any arm of the security services.
The relationship between him and the President can not be better than it is at the moment.
“According to the perverted logic of the newspaper, the respected leader of the APC is into a plot against the leader of the country.
The presidency is unaware of any such plots against the President.
I got on the phone a short while ago with General Babagana Munguno, (Rtd), the National Security Adviser and the Director General of the SSS, Lawal Daura who both dismissed the published reports as acts of pure mischief.
They are not aware of the Asiwaju being on any kind of watch.
It would appear that a competition is on between two or three newspaper establishments… ..on how best to breach the excellent relationship between the pillars of our party and government.
So far, they have not made a headway and there is no indication that they will succeed in the future.
It suffices to say that such reports, written without fairness and balance can only take away from whatever is left of the credibility of these newspapers. The general public is hereby advised to ignore them on these reports. Thank You!
- Nigeria to review her foreign policy in order to reflect current realities
- “‘Indictment’ reinforces our position that the EFCC, under his watch, has been a huge scam” – PDP on Ibrahim Magu
- Ose Anenih: Change and the Institutionalisation of Corruption
- Imo Governor queries IMSU VC over non-payment of staff salaries
- FG cancels resumption of schools, withdraws unity schools from 2020 WASSCE
- PHOTOS: Domestic flights resume in Nigeria’s airports
- Airborne transmission of COVID-19 cannot be ruled out says WHO
- Breaking: Ondo Assembly suspends deputy speaker
- Just In: An explosion on Oil mining lease 40 operated by NNPC has killed workers
- Doctors in Cross River State suspend strike