Estimated Reading Time: <1
Immediate past Benue State Governor, Gabriel Suswam is expected to appear before the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC for interrogation on Monday, October 12.
Premium Times reports reveals that the anti-graft agency had also invited Mr Omadachi Oklobia, a former Commissioner of finance, who served under Suswam to defend the allegations of diversion of public funds, abuse of office, embezzlement and fraud.
Mr. Oklobia arrived the EFFC office in Abuja at about 10.00am, where his statement was obtained under caution based on his alleged complicity in the allegations.
Suswam has been highly criticized and accused by the current government of throwing the state into huge debt before leaving office.
Meanwhile, the ex-governor had approached a federal high court sitting in Makurdi to stop his predecessor, Samuel Ortom from probing his government.
- Investigation: The Ex-Boko Haram Fighters, eluding detection, start a new life in Kaduna, Kano, and Abuja
- “We are saddened by this dastardly attack” – APC Governors on Babagana Zulum’s Convoy
- Increased tariff: Lai Mohammed says the previous administration created problem in power sector
- Fact Check: A website offers freebies for people to stay home, then invades users’ privacy
- In Kaduna, govt reportedly jettisons report because Zazzau kingmakers are allegedly ‘buying votes’
- Nigeria Labour Congress Insist on strike action
- House of Representatives has waded into the crisis between FG and NLC
- “This is hardly the time to raise taxes” – Vice President Yemi Osinbajo
- APC Lawmaker says water Bill is a Northern agenda to tighten the noose on the South
- European airlines are reducing fares to attract passengers and fill the planes that are still flying