Estimated Reading Time: <1
Immediate past Benue State Governor, Gabriel Suswam is expected to appear before the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC for interrogation on Monday, October 12.
Premium Times reports reveals that the anti-graft agency had also invited Mr Omadachi Oklobia, a former Commissioner of finance, who served under Suswam to defend the allegations of diversion of public funds, abuse of office, embezzlement and fraud.
Mr. Oklobia arrived the EFFC office in Abuja at about 10.00am, where his statement was obtained under caution based on his alleged complicity in the allegations.
Suswam has been highly criticized and accused by the current government of throwing the state into huge debt before leaving office.
Meanwhile, the ex-governor had approached a federal high court sitting in Makurdi to stop his predecessor, Samuel Ortom from probing his government.
- Breaking: 553 new Coronavirus cases reported in Nigeria, highest in a single day
- Kaduna: Group calls for FG’s intervention in Kajuru killings
- Nollywood Actress, Regina Daniels is having a baby with Ned Nwoko
- Infectious Diseases Bill more dangerous than coronavirus – Ekweremadu
- Ibrahim, President Muhammadu Buhari’s nephew, is dead
- Doctors threaten strike over non payment of COVID-19 Allowance
- 268 Nigerians arrive from China
- Niger State plans to modernise local Islamic schools
- “Destructive shadow of bitterness, we’re shackled by the sins of our fathers”- Nigeria is haunted by the Biafran war
- Nigeria’s Elnathan John, others to judge Kalahari short story competition open to writers in Swahili, French and English