Estimated Reading Time: <1
The All Progressives Congress on Monday ordered for a fresh governorship ?primary to select the party’s candidate for the November governorship election in the state.
Timipre Sylva Campaign for the Bayelsa State 2015 gubernatorial election had dismissed media reports that two additional governors will be joining their Edo State counterpart, Adams Oshiomhole, to organise a fresh All Progressives Congress (APC) Governorship Primary in Yenagoa on Tuesday.
National Chairman of the party, Chief John Odigie-Oyegun, said this at the end of the party’s National Working Committee meeting in Abuja on Monday.
A former state governor and one of the aspirants, Timipre Sylva, had insisted that he won the primary conducted about a week ago, which was said to have ended in a fiasco, after some hoodlums invaded the Samson Siasia Stadium, Yenagoa, venue of the party election, conducted by the Governor Adams Oshiomhole-led electoral committee.
The campaign organisation, in a statement by Mr. Doifie Buokoribo, had described the report as a “cruel hoax”, stressing that there is no way a fresh primary can be organised on Tuesday as it would amount to an act of “illegality.”
The Sylva campaign said, “Let us restate here that an APC candidate for the December 5, 2015 governorship election in Bayelsa State has emerged and that candidate is Chief Timipre Sylva. No amount of media manipulation can change that. This is a society of law and order.
“The latest disinformation through the media goes to show the level of desperation of some people who want the APC governorship ticket through the back door. An election was conducted, Sylva won, the whole world has seen it.
- Biafra: “Destructive shadow of bitterness, we’re shackled by the sins of our fathers”
- Nigeria’s Elnathan John, others to judge Kalahari short story competition open to writers in Swahili, French and English
- President Buhari reconstitutes NNPC board
- We have worked hard for our COVID-19 free status- Cross River Govt
- Nigeria has failed to bring justice for mass atrocities committed during the Biafran war
- Six Airforce personnel jailed over Alex Badeh’s killing
- Former GMD of NNPC, Maikanti Baru is dead
- Obiano signs COVID-19 Prevention Bill into law
- APC accuses Bauchi Governor of starving state assembly of funds
- NCDC receives 50,000 medical face masks from Taiwan