Estimated Reading Time: <1
Senator Shehu Sani has described Ekiti governor, Ayo Fayose, as a man suffering from political depression due to the defeat of former president, Goodluck Jonathan, in the 2015 presidential election.
According to the Senator (who reacted to the recent attack by Fayose on President Muhammadu Buhari’s latest appointment), the Ekiti Fayose is a weeping and whipping boy of the dead PDP.
Senator Sani who disclosed this in a press release made available to newsmen today said even though he recognises the fundamental rights of Ekiti State Governor to freedom of expression, Fayoye’s divisive, inciting and provocative invectives against President Buhari are unacceptable.
While describing Fayose as a glorified tout, deficient in morals, character and courteousness, Sani noted that Fayose’s imprudent utterances on Buhari are nothing but an attempt to incite Nigerians from the South against those from the North. “He is a hallucinating man of the ancient yet to come to terms with the realities of a new dawn and new Nigeria,” he stressed. He equally pointed out that Fayose must have been angry because he failed to stop the election of Buhari. He noted that the use of false, misleading and subversive propaganda laced with lies and deceit has not yielded result, so he now resorts to firing arrows of hate, smear and distortions.
Though Sani emphasised that the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria guarantees all Nigerians the right to freely express their opinion and criticize the operations of Government, in exercising this right, Fayose is simply embarking on a toxic smear campaign against Buhari. “President Muhammadu Buhari is not a ‘northern president’.
He is a Nigerian president out to correct the wrongs of the erstwhile sectional president whom the Fayoses of Nigeria supported and collaborated with”, Sani stated.
He however called on the APC governors to appropriately respond to their peer, Fayose and return him to the cesspit, where he rightly belongs.
- Buhari’s Fuji house of commotion
- Abike Dabiri accuses Minister, Ali Pantami of driving her staff out of NCC property –
- Buhari “regime” is pursuing political annihilation of the South – group alleges
- Two new cases of coronavirus recorded in Enugu State
- Social distancing was not fully enforced during the Eid prayers in Kano
- Nigeria confirms 265 new cases of COVID-19, totalling 7,526
- In Borno State Governor Zulum Attends Eid Prayers While Social Distancing
- President Buhari Celebrates Eid-El-Fitr Privately Amid COVID-19 Pandemic
- Eid-el-Fitr: NSCDC Deploys 500 Officers In Yobe
- Kaduna State Healthcare Workers Begin 7-Day Warning Strike