Estimated Reading Time: <1
The ongoing face-off between the All Progressives Congress National Leader , Bola Tinubu and Tunde Fashola, the former Lagos state governor became obviously true at the launch of three books written in honour of the immediate past governor of Lagos State, Fashola.
It however became obvious that the frosty relationship between the two (Tinubu and Fashola) had worsen.
NewsWireNGR had earlier reported that sources within the Tinubu’s camp had said the APC Chieftain will not be attending the book launch and it became clear as not only was he absent but APC Leaders also stayed away from the launch of the books in Lagos on Tuesday.
Unlike the book presentation by the former governor of Rivers State, Rotimi Ameachi, which had Tinubu, Governor Ibikunle Amosun (Ogun), Governor Abdulaziz Yari (Zamfara), Governor Nasir el-Rufai (Kaduna), Governor Samuel Lalong (Plateau), Governor Akinwunmi Ambode (Lagos), APC National Chairman, Chief John Odigie-Oyegun; Chief Bisi Akande, former Governor Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti State, and many others in attendance.
Fashola’s event was so scanty that even the former governor’s cabinet members, including his two former deputy governors and members of the State Executive Committee of the APC were absent at the presentation the books titled, ‘In Bold Print’, ‘The Lagos Blowdown’ and ‘The Great Leap.
Sources revealed that forces loyal to Tinubu felt incensed by the statement issued by Fashola in which he insinuated that corruption allegations were being pinned on him by those opposed to his getting a federal appointment, a veiled reference to Tinubu and the incumbent governor, Akinwumi Ambode.
Another source disclosed that “Tinubu’s supporters could even be the ones fighting back because of the perceived ill- treatment Tinubu suffered at the hands of Fashola while he was governor of the state.”
For the Fashola camp, the APC Leader declared war with Fashola when he felt President Buhari had opted to include the immediate Lagos governor as part of members of his kitchen cabinet with a possible Ministerial appointment.
Another source alleges that the recent media allegations being levelled against Fashola is the handiwork of Tinubu and his supporters bent at dragging Fashola’s name…
- Laycon wins Big Brother Naija Season 5
- Convoy of Borno State Governor, Prof. Babagana Zulum, was again attacked on Sunday
- Investigation: The Ex-Boko Haram Fighters, eluding detection, start a new life in Kaduna, Kano, and Abuja
- “We are saddened by this dastardly attack” – APC Governors on Babagana Zulum’s Convoy
- Increased tariff: Lai Mohammed says the previous administration created problem in power sector
- Fact Check: A website offers freebies for people to stay home, then invades users’ privacy
- In Kaduna, govt reportedly jettisons report because Zazzau kingmakers are allegedly ‘buying votes’
- Nigeria Labour Congress Insist on strike action
- House of Representatives has waded into the crisis between FG and NLC
- “This is hardly the time to raise taxes” – Vice President Yemi Osinbajo