Estimated Reading Time: <1
The National Agency for Food, Drugs Administration And Control, NAFDAC, has maintained that its Director-General, Dr. Paul Orhi was never arrested by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC.
In a series of tweets, NAFDAC noted that the DG ‘honoured his promise to appear before the EFCC and has since returned home’, stressing that there is nothing unusual about it.
“The DG was never arrested as being portrayed by these online portals. He only honored his promise to appear before EFCC and has since returned home”
“There’s nothing unusual about this but to applaud the DG for his willingness to cooperate with the anti-graft agency to get to the root of this allegations,” it said.
Dr. Paul Orhi, was summoned by operatives of EFCC over allegations bordering on abuse of office, which attracted reactions from Nigerians.
- House of representatives has withdrawn the water resources bill – here’s why
- Nigerian Senators reject Buhari’s nominee as PENCOM DG
- Nigeria’s 2020 budget has suffered a loss of over $14 billion – Senate President
- P&ID: UK Court orders release of $200 million deposit to Nigeria
- Nigeria@60: Federal Government declares October 1 Public holiday
- Buhari asks NASS for N147 billion refund for Ondo, four other states
- Convoy attack: Borno NASS members visit Zulum in Maiduguri
- ICPC should publish names of persons associated with missing school feeding funds – Minister
- Arewa Consultative Forum caution Vice President Yemi Osinbajo to watch his utterances
- 300 Rice Farmers in Cross River protest unpaid salaries