Estimated Reading Time: <1
Men of the Department of State Security Services (DSS), yesterday stormed Wadata Plaza, National Secretariat of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP).
Men of DSS who wore black outfits arrived the Secretariat as early as 9am. Although there was no confirmation of their mission at the party headquarters, it is believed that they were there to forestall any break of law and order over the lingering crisis rocking the party.
The crisis was due to a disagreement between the national leadership and staff over plans to reduce the staff strength, their salaries and allowances by 50 percent.
The men of the DSS reportedly stayed for over 30 minutes during the meeting between the directors and leaders of the aggrieved workers of the PDP.
They also went round the premises of the Secretariat and finally went to the National Executive Committee (NEC) meeting hall before they finally left, may be with assurances that there was temporary peace.
- Edo election marred by votes buying – Observer group, CDD alleges #EdoDecides2020
- “The people of Edo state have spoken loud and clear” – PDP alleges plot by APC to replace election results in Edo North #EdoDecides2020
- “People of Edo, you’ve done well” – Peter Obi tells Edo Voters to remain vigilant #EdoDecides2020
- President Buhari sympathises with Ebonyi State following Akaeze-Ukwu River tragedy
- “We must not lose our guards” – Atiku Abubakar tells Edo voters #EdoDecides2020
- Bukola Saraki, former senate president, has asked voters in Edo state to protect their votes
- APC candidate Ize-Iyamu wins polling unit #EdoDecides2020
- Governor Godwin Obaseki wins polling unit, defeated APC in Oyegun’s polling unit
- Ibadan polytechnic fires lecturer – here’s why
- “Godwin Obaseki, led thugs pretending to be his supporters” – APC says the PDP instigating violence #EdoDecides2020