Estimated Reading Time: <1
So many travelers have been killed in a fuel tanker explosion at, Ewu, Edo State along the Auchi – Benin road at about 3:30pm on Friday.
It was gathered that the explosion engulfed other surrounding cars including an 18 seat Peace Mass transit Bus.
The numbers of casualties are yet to be ascertained.
A traveler who spoke to the Nigerian Times disclosed that there is serious confusion at the scene as the road has been blocked following the accident.
The source was unsure of the cause of the accident but said it might have been as a result of failed break as the tanker somersaulted before exploding.
It was also gathered that the Peace Mass Transit Bus was also dismembered along with the passengers.
As at the time of this report, several calls have being made to fire fighters but they are yet to arrive the scene.
- We must renounce our tribal identities; I’m Nigerian NOT Igbo
- 13-year-old girl drugged and gang-raped in Kaduna
- World Environment Day: environmentalists stress the importance of nature to humans
- Family of Uwaila Umozuwa, 22-year-old raped and murdered allege death threats
- Court reaffirms INEC powers to deregister political parties
- “Gambari was an Abacha man” – Wole Soyinka says Buhari’s Chief of Staff is part of the structure
- Nigeria records 328 new cases of COVID-19, total number infections now 11, 844
- Miyetti Allah President has said Fulani’s own Nigeria and will rule forever
- Breaking: NNPC raises alarm over contaminated diesel offered across Nigeria
- Going Green; Nigeria and sustainable architecture