Estimated Reading Time: <1
From backtracking on roadblocks President Muhammadu Buhari has again changed his mind on the appointed of the Director of the State Security Service…
The new head of the State Security Service, Lawal Daura, earlier appointed will now work in acting capacity pending the appointment of a substantive Director General, the Head of Service has said.
Mr. Daura was appointed Thursday by the president after he fired the former DG, Ita Ekpenyong, who is accused partisanship.
PREMIUM TIMES reports that the first announcement from the Head of Service, Danladi Kifasi, said President Buhari appointed “Lawal Musa Daura as the new Director General Department of State Security Service”.
The statement, signed by Haruna Imrana, for the head of service, said the appointment was with “immediate effect”.
However, the Head of Service issued a second statement late Thursday amid controversy over the appointment, after it became clear the president recalled Mr. Daura, his kinsman, from retirement, ahead of other qualified personnel still in the service.
“President Muhamadu Buhari has appointed Lawal Musa Daura as the new acting Director General Department of State Security Service,” the statement said.
Mr. Daura was born in Daura, Katsina state, and was at one time the Deputy Director Presidential Communication, Command and Control Centre at the Presidential Villa Abuja between 2003 and 2007.
He also served as the State Director of Security Service at various times in Kano, Sokoto, Edo, Lagos, Osun and Imo States.
- #EndSARS: Bayelsa Government Inaugurates Judicial Panel Of Inquiry
- Court rejects EFCC’s request for an arrest warrant for Diezani
- Prisoners who escaped from Edo prison rearrested for robbery and attempted murder
- Adamawa State: Police recovers 35 tractors from looted items, arrest over 200 suspects
- Government begins payment of N30,000 grants to 333,000 artisans
- Federal Government approves N2.9 billion for printing of National Examinations’ materials
- Borno Governor approves scholarship for orphans of Civilian JTF killed since 2013
- President Buhari launches 2021 Armed Forces, Remembrance Day emblem and appeal fund
- Returning looted goods may not save you from prosecution -Police say
- Osun Govt begins house-to-house search for stolen items