Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Emir of Daura, Umar Faruk yesterday appointed President Muhammadu Buhari as Bayajidda the Second, of Daura Emirate.
Bayajidda is the legendary Hausa ruler who reportedly killed the famous snake inside Daura’s Kusugu well and later established the seven hausa states.
Emir Faruk gave President Buhari the title when the president, who is currently on a private visit to his native Daura paid him a courtesy call at the palace.
He extolled the virtues of President Buhari and expressed optimism that his leadership will reposition the nation for the better, noting that the president is a worthy son of Daura who has continued to be its source of pride.
The emir later presented a gold plated sword and horse to the President to symbolise his appointment as Bayajidda II.
While urging Nigerians to support the present leadership so as to ensure it succeeds in delivering the needed change, Emir Faruk reaffirmed the support and cooperation of the Daura Emirate council to the president.
In a speech, President Buhari said he joined politics to contribute towards moving Nigeria forward urging Nigerians to hold on to democracy.
President Buhari, who noted that developed nations attained the feat they currently achieved because they placed premium on democracy, thanked Nigerians for giving him the mandate to lead the nation.
He however lauded the Daura Emir and indeed the entire emirate for the warm reception accorded him.
- Nigerian Govt issues circular warning senior officials against leaking documents
- US Government probes Nigeria’s Akinwunmi Adesina at Africa Development Bank
- NDDC: Who Is Afraid Of The President’s Order For A Forensic Audit?
- 35 suspected cultists involved in recent killings in Calabar declared wanted
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University Teaching Hospital Records First Case Of COVID-19
- To mark Eid-El Fitr, Governor Ganduje of Kano frees 294 inmates
- Barely 3 days after it was streamed on Netflix, Living in Bondage tops all Nollywood movies on the streaming service
- In Enugu, Catholic Bishop chased out worshippers without face masks out of church
- We have no money to import food — Buhari begs farmers to increase cultivation
- PDP insists its candidate, Musa Wada, won the Governorship election, heads to appeal court