Estimated Reading Time: <1
The inauguration of Gov. Nasir El-Rufa’i of Kaduna State ended abruptly on Friday. The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that El-Rufai could not review the parade mounted by the police as some youths pelted dignitaries with water sachets, stones and other objects in the pavilion.
This prompted security agents to fire tear gas into the crowd at the Murtala Square, Kaduna.
NAN also reports that some dignitaries in the pavilion included the Emir of Zazzau, Dr Shehu Idris, and other traditional rulers in the State.
The incident occurred when the new governor had concluded his address and was about to mount an open van to review the parade mounted by the police.
While the crowds were dispersed by the police, dignitaries remained seated, but the occasion ended abruptly without the governor reviewing the parade. NAN reports that the Murtala Square was filled to capacity.
- Obaseki says it will be immoral to return to APC, after meeting with Buhari
- Fact Check: Did Obasanjo really inherit $3 billion in foreign reserves?
- Lagos, Oyo, Kogi, Osun and Ekiti top list of states technically insolvent – Report
- APC Suspends Governor Kayode Fayemi for anti-party activities
- Insecurity: We should speak the truth about things we haven’t gotten right says Gbajabiamila
- The Nigerian Navy launches first purpose built hydrographic survey vessel
- INVESTIGATION: Ticketing Corruption by Railway Staff, Soldiers, Policemen Derailing Abuja-Kaduna Rail Project #TheTrainHasDerailed
- Landlords should see how they can work out yearly rent to monthly payments – Sanwo-Olu
- NLC, TUC have been compromised to frustrate oil and gas reforms says National Youth Council
- Schools in Adamawa to reopen October 12