Estimated Reading Time: <1
by Zenith Oduah
Didier Drogba, Ivorian professional footballer today ends his football career with English club Chelsea as a striker. Drogba has been an all-time top scorer and former captain of the Ivory Coast national team. Didier Drogba has announced he will be playing his last match for his current football club, Chelsea today May 24th. He shared the news on his instagram page.
Drogba was carried off the pitch by his team-mates after announcing he will leave the club for a second time. Blues players hoisted the injured Ivorian from the Stamford Bridge pitch in the first half of his final game – a 3-1 win over Sunderland on Sunday.
Drogba, 37, first signed for the club in 2004 and has scored a total of 164 goals in 381 appearances. “In order to play more football I feel I need to go to another club,” he said.
- NBC asks DSS to arrest operators of Radio Biafra
- Police in Sokoto confirms terrorists killed 12 persons In Illela
- A splinter Boko Haram group, regrouping in my state – Nasarawa Governor Raises Alarm
- Terrorists that attacked in Kaduna are from neighbouring states – Commissioner
- Ondo Government bans NURTW, RTEAN activities in the state
- Lagos shuts down Cubana nightclub, arrests 172 COVID-19 violators
- Breaking: Governor Bala Mohammed of Bauchi State and convoy involved in an accident
- Fearing terrorist attack, Yobe State Government closes all boarding schools
- Food items will not be transported to southwest until Fulanis are safe – Miyetti Allah
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Food blockade of south by north