Estimated Reading Time: <1
by Zenith Oduah
Didier Drogba, Ivorian professional footballer today ends his football career with English club Chelsea as a striker. Drogba has been an all-time top scorer and former captain of the Ivory Coast national team. Didier Drogba has announced he will be playing his last match for his current football club, Chelsea today May 24th. He shared the news on his instagram page.
Drogba was carried off the pitch by his team-mates after announcing he will leave the club for a second time. Blues players hoisted the injured Ivorian from the Stamford Bridge pitch in the first half of his final game – a 3-1 win over Sunderland on Sunday.
Drogba, 37, first signed for the club in 2004 and has scored a total of 164 goals in 381 appearances. “In order to play more football I feel I need to go to another club,” he said.
- INTERVIEW: Alkasim Abdulkadir provides rare insight into the battle against insurgency, nation building and why youths must chase money
- Muhyideen Kolawole: The Healthcare System in Nigeria is Collapsing
- Nasir el-rufai is “one of the real enemies” of Nigeria – Benue Governor Ortom says his Kaduna counterpart is an “ethnic champion and religious bigot”
- #EndSARS: Witness shared videos revealing Army shooting at protesters at the Lekki Toll
- Ohanaeze Chieftain vows to ‘put an executive Zik in Aso Rock in 2023’
- Police arrests 49 Shiite protesters in Abuja
- For the second time in a week, gunmen attack police station in Akwa Ibom
- ‘El-Rufai’s comments are mischievous’ – Igbo Leaders respond
- ‘You can’t get Presidency by threats or shouting victimhood’ – El Rufai says to South-East
- ‘A military takeover is not the solution to Nigeria’s problems’ – Adams Oshiomhole