Estimated Reading Time: <1
by Zenith Oduah
Didier Drogba, Ivorian professional footballer today ends his football career with English club Chelsea as a striker. Drogba has been an all-time top scorer and former captain of the Ivory Coast national team. Didier Drogba has announced he will be playing his last match for his current football club, Chelsea today May 24th. He shared the news on his instagram page.
Drogba was carried off the pitch by his team-mates after announcing he will leave the club for a second time. Blues players hoisted the injured Ivorian from the Stamford Bridge pitch in the first half of his final game – a 3-1 win over Sunderland on Sunday.
Drogba, 37, first signed for the club in 2004 and has scored a total of 164 goals in 381 appearances. “In order to play more football I feel I need to go to another club,” he said.
- Propsed bill to require operators of lottery, pools, betting companies to pay N20 million license fee in Lagos
- Federal Government to deduct illegal mining fees from states’ allocations
- NiMET management appeal staff to shelve planned strike
- Victor Ejechi: Nigeria added 7,999 PhD holders to the unemployment market in 21 months
- Traders told me the story about northern governor leading Boko Haram says Mailafia
- Rights group writes US, Buhari, Ganduje, condemns religious policing in Nigeria
- NJC releases list of nominees for Supreme Court appointments
- Resume or be sacked, Ebonyi government threatens striking workers
- DSS to clamp down on notable personalities and groups who incite a breakdown of law and order
- Ogun State Government suspends lockdown