Estimated Reading Time: <1
Former World Bank Vice President for Africa, Obiageli Ezekwesili, on Nigeria as regional and global power and Boko Haram.
In this episode of Head to Head , Mehdi Hasan challenges Obiageli Ezekwesili, the former World Bank vice president for Africa, Nigerian minister of education, co-founder of Transparency International, and the woman behind the #BringBackOurGirls campaign, on Nigeria’s rise as a regional and global power.
Could Boko Haram break up Nigeria? Has enough been done to fight corruption? Is Nigeria the next superpower? And have World Bank policies helped or hurt Africa?
In front of the Oxford Union audience and with the help of an expert panel, we explore Nigeria’s role in the region and wider world and the challenges it faces.
- The security situation in Nigeria today is beyond the APC – Nasarawa Governor cries out
- Reveal identities of the terrorists behind Jangebe schoolgirls abduction – ACF tells Matawalle
- Finally, 3.92 million COVID-19 vaccines arrive in Nigeria
- Buhari has declared Zamfara a no-fly zone
- Insecurity is the number one problem of Africa – Akinwunmi Adesina
- Breaking: Senate confirm appointment of new service chiefs
- Buhari, Osinbajo meet with National Security Council
- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie’s mum is dead
- Just in: Thousands of residents trapped as Boko Haram insurgents take over Dikwa, Borno State
- Our abductors threatened to kill, fry, eat us – Jangebe schoolgirls