Estimated Reading Time: <1
by Musa Abdullahi
The newly constructed bridge by Nigeria’s governor Rabiu Kwankwaso yesterday, Sunday, collapsed killing many, including motorists.
Eyewitness accounts tells NewsWireNGR that, ” Dead bodies were moved to a nearby hospital, we saw more than 20 people carried to the clinic apart form the Injured”.
In it’s usual way of avoiding to report actual casualty figures, the Nigerian Police reacts in a statement with a different number from those present at the scene of the unfortunate incident.
No fewer than seven people were killed in Kano on Sunday when a pedestrian bridge at Dorayi quarters, Kano, collapsed, the state Police Command said.
The command’s Public Relations Officer, ASP, Magaji Majiya, confirmed the incident in an interview. See Images of the poorly constructed bridge that collapsed…
Phot Credit: Y. M. Rigasa @YMRigasa ·
- A total of N281 billion has so far been released to the NDDC since 2016 – here’s why the senate declared open an investigation
- Attorney General, member Nasarawa state task force test positive for COVID-19
- Nigeria begin evacuation of another batch of citizens stranded in Europe
- Opinion: Violence in Nigeria has taken diverse forms in recent times
- Wike of Rivers State has advised residents to be wary of air travellers from Abuja and Lagos – states with high coronavirus cases
- Oniru residents write Sanwo-olu over New Oba’s alleged use of thugs
- Just In: Nigeria develops, launches COVID-19 test kit
- The Vice President did not collect N4 Billion from Magu – Laolu Akande
- Federal government approves N108 billion for road projects
- Nigeria to review her foreign policy in order to reflect current realities