Estimated Reading Time: <1
by Musa Abdullahi
The newly constructed bridge by Nigeria’s governor Rabiu Kwankwaso yesterday, Sunday, collapsed killing many, including motorists.
Eyewitness accounts tells NewsWireNGR that, ” Dead bodies were moved to a nearby hospital, we saw more than 20 people carried to the clinic apart form the Injured”.
In it’s usual way of avoiding to report actual casualty figures, the Nigerian Police reacts in a statement with a different number from those present at the scene of the unfortunate incident.
No fewer than seven people were killed in Kano on Sunday when a pedestrian bridge at Dorayi quarters, Kano, collapsed, the state Police Command said.
The command’s Public Relations Officer, ASP, Magaji Majiya, confirmed the incident in an interview. See Images of the poorly constructed bridge that collapsed…
Phot Credit: Y. M. Rigasa @YMRigasa ·
- NDLEA arrests a trans-border drug trafficker with N1bn worth of cocaine in Sokoto
- Just In: Katsina orders reopening of boarding schools after Kankara abduction
- Salihu Tanko-Yakasai’s family petitions DSS
- COVID-19: Nigeria to get four million vaccine doses Tuesday
- APC Youths blame Salihu Tanko-Yakasai for his comments on Buhari – demand his release
- Chinedu Ekeke: Buhari regime, gasping for air, begging to breathe
- Correction: 317 kidnapped schoolgirls of Government Secondary School in Jangebe, Zamfara yet to be freed
- I will never accept and legalise same-sex marriage – Ghana President, Akufo-Addo
- Fans react as Davido is spotted holding hands with alleged new lover, Mya Yafai
- Why we arrested Salihu Tanko-Yakasai – DSS Reveals