Estimated Reading Time: <1
by Chukwu Obi
To remain influential as a business man in Nigeria, you’ve got to roll with the political leadership so you stay at the top, little wonder Nigeria’s President-Elect, Muhammadu Buhari hasn’t slept since he won the elections.
One of Africa’s richest men, Tony Elumelu paid a congratulatory visit to President-elect, Gen. Buhari, at his home in Daura, Katsina today April 15th.
— Tony O. Elumelu, CON (@TonyOElumelu) April 15, 2015
He also paid a congratulatory visit to former FCT Minister & Kaduna state Governor-elect, Mallam Nasir El-Rufai, in Kaduna. Nasir El-rufai who is an influential member of the Buhari's administration, though governor-elect of Kaduna was not ignored by Elumelu.
Members of the business communities are all flying their private jets to make sure they visit the General who many fear will likely send thieves to jail.
Business men in Nigeria are known to work with politicians in looting as well as enjoying benefits like tax evasion and duty free on importation of their luxury goods.
- Lady rejects marriage proposal over insult to political father, Kwankwaso
- 24 hours after arrest, Okorocha remains in EFCC custody
- ‘It Is Not True’ Federal Government denies Obaseki’s allegation of printing N60Billion
- #SaabGate: Omojuwa accuses Ezekwesili of betrayal
- 2023: ‘The president should come from south-east’ says Osita Chidoka
- Just in: Colonel Ahmed Usman, former Military Administrator, is dead
- JAMB cancels email requirement for registration, announces new guidelines
- Zamfara First Lady appoints 20 Miyetti Allah members as special assistants
- ‘Some people want to incite war in the southeast’ David Umahi says
- In Niger, a 35-year old man, Umaru Jibrin stabs the Chief Imam over an alleged affair with his wife