Estimated Reading Time: <1
by Musa Abdullahi
The Speaker of the House of Representatives, Aminu Waziri Tambuwal, has been declared winner of Sokoto state governorship election.
The state’s Collation and Returning Officer, Prof. Abdullahi Bagudu , who is a Deputy Vice Chancellor, Usman Danfodio University, Sokoto, declared that Tambuwal polled the highest number of votes in Saturday’s governorship election in the state.
Announcing the results at about 7.15pm, Prof. Abdullahi Bagudu disclosed that the total votes cast were 958,736 while total valid votes were 926,682 and voided votes were 32,054
Tambuwal polled 647,609 votes, while the Peoples Democratic Party’s candidate, Sen. Abdallah Wali scored 269,074
The Speaker won in all 23 local government areas, while his PDP challenger did not win in any local government.
Results announced are :
Wurno APC 32073 PDP 6876
Dange / Shunni APC 28006 PDP 12,244
Silame : APC 20,335 PDP 7800
Gwadabawa : APC 33227.PDP 11,788.
Kware : APC 23,137 PDP 10,041
Goronyo: APC 29,095 PDP 12760
Rabah : APC 19,481 PDP 8846
Shagari : APC 26,197 PDP 10,126
Binji : APC 17,153 PDP 5975
Tureta : APC 14,851 PDP 9235
Bodinga : APC 24513 PDP 12179
Sokoto south : APC 42,994 PDP 19,421
Isa : APC 19,626 PDP 15,695
Sokoto north : APC 42,977 PDP 17,202.
Tangaza : APC 21,542 PDP 9991
Gudu : APC 138,43 PDP 9,925
Sabo Birni : APC 40,016 PDP 18769
Tambuwal : APC 53,703 PDP 14,746
Kebbe : APC 23,243 PDP 6,913
Wamakko : APC 41,863 PDP 13,284
Gada: APC 48,547 PDP 13654
Yabo : APC 18,361 PDP 8,429
Illela : APC 30,926 PDP 13,175
- Buhari sacks NAPTIP DG, Julie Okah-Donli, replaces her with Imaan Sulaiman-Ibrahim
- Finance bill passes through first reading
- Boko Haram: We will do all it takes to secure Nigeria, Vice President Osinbajo says
- Gentle Humans to Potential Killers; Understanding the Reasons Behind Child-Cultism
- House of Reps to summon Buhari over insecurity
- Senate has confirmed Professor Mahmood Yakubu as INEC chairman
- Breaking: Boko Haram claims responsibility for Zabarmari Massacre
- Buhari is satisfied with security chiefs; Garba Shehu says
- Lagos judicial panel restricts journalists from using mobile phones at sitting
- Breaking: Again, lawmakers beg Buhari to sack service chiefs