Estimated Reading Time: <1
by Deji Abiodun
The PDP in Abia state is reportedly presently computing fake results to rig Saturday’s governorship and state assembly elections in the state.
Reliable sources say the state governor, Theodore Orji, has summoned all party leaders in the state to an emergency meeting at government house Umuahia where they are re-writing results submitted to INEC.
INEC heirachy in the state have reportedly been compromised via financial inducements and have made themselves willing tools in the hands of the state governor and the PDP.
Early results show APGA candidate, Dr Alex Otti, in clear lead in about 11 local governments but reports say INEC officials are under pressure to doctor the results to avoid embarrasing the ruling-PDP.
Sources say agents of opposition parties who turned down monetary offers have been chased away from the local government collation centres and PDP members are now impersonating as party agents to manipulate figures in favour of the PDP candidate, Okezie Ikpeazu, who was annointed by the outgoing governor Orji.
There is tension in Aba, Isiala Ngwa, Ohafia, Isiukwuato, Umuahia, Bende, Umunneochi and Arochukwu local government areas where the APGA candidate, Alex Otti, has a strong supporters base.
The PDP earlier attempted to use soldiers to intimidate and chase voters away from polling units on saturday
Arrangements have been concluded by Governor Orji to unleash security operatives on hapless residents of the state who will attempt to protest the outcome of the elections when they announce the PDP candidates as winners of the elections.
Results of the March 28 federal house of representatives and senatorial elections in some local governments and the entire Abia north senatorial district have still not been made public after the PDP manipulated the results.
- #EndSARS: Bayelsa Government Inaugurates Judicial Panel Of Inquiry
- Court rejects EFCC’s request for an arrest warrant for Diezani
- Prisoners who escaped from Edo prison rearrested for robbery and attempted murder
- Adamawa State: Police recovers 35 tractors from looted items, arrest over 200 suspects
- Government begins payment of N30,000 grants to 333,000 artisans
- Federal Government approves N2.9 billion for printing of National Examinations’ materials
- Borno Governor approves scholarship for orphans of Civilian JTF killed since 2013
- President Buhari launches 2021 Armed Forces, Remembrance Day emblem and appeal fund
- Returning looted goods may not save you from prosecution -Police say
- Osun Govt begins house-to-house search for stolen items