Estimated Reading Time: <1
by Zenith Oduah
A staggering revelation has been made on the latest request from the about to be re-appointed national team boss, Stephen Keshi as whispers from the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) Glass House suggests that he wants Daniel Amokachi sacked as assistant manager of the Super Eagles.com can exclusively report.
The former Everton forward was in charge of the Eagles in Keshi’s absence when the team prosecuted two friendly games – first, a disgracefully defeat against Uganda in front of home fans at the Akwa Ibom International stadium which was followed by a lackluster 1-1 draw in South Africa against the Bafana Bafana.
Amokachi told an unnamed NFF official after the Cranes friendly that it was the big boss that selected the team and he was just a figurehead – that news got to the ears of Stephen Keshi and got him furious.
Now, he wants Amokachi out and the former Mali coach is pushing the NFF chiefs to re-engage the services of his former assistant, Togolese Valerie Hounandinuou who was fired by the NFF in April 2013.
Keshi who recently agreed a new deal with the Nigerian football body to continue as manager will sign the contract papers next week, it was reliably gathered.
- Was Nigeria’s finance minister ignorant? or lying? – CBN Governor Emefiele says Printing money is a cardinal job of the lenders
- Helen McCrory, star of Peaky Blinders, dies aged 52
- German govt ignores Nigeria, picks Ghana to establish West African center for global health
- Cheta Nwanze: Security, civic space and the media
- DSS claims to have uncovered plans by IPOB to Bomb banks in South-East
- ‘Bandits are threatening to marry our girls’ Parents of abducted Kaduna students cry out
- Local Government workers block convoy of Nasarawa Deputy Governor
- Adaora Okoye: Unravelling myths surrounding women in leadership in Nigeria
- JUSUN sets April 19 for nationwide peaceful protest
- IGR for Nigerian states drops to a new low – NBS Report