Estimated Reading Time: <1
Ever since the conclusion of the March 28th presidential elections, First Lady Patience Jonathan has not made any public appearances. This has prompted an inquest into her whereabouts.
An unnamed source told newsmen that he had seen Mama Peace on the day the election results were announced, as she and the president hosted dignitaries including serving and former government officials who paid President Jonathan a solidarity visit.
“After meeting the President in the new Banquet Hall located within the premises of his office, I also visited the First Lady inside the President’s residence before leaving. She was in high spirit when I met her,” said the source.
However, ever since the meeting, she has not been seen in public. Her absence was especially conspicuous during the Good Friday service held at the Aso Villa Chapel.
An individual from the presidency reportedly told newsmen that she had traveled to the UK.
“She is in UK. She may use the opportunity of the trip to visit her children,” the source said.
- Ondo Deputy Governor to contest under Zenith labour party
- More repentant Boko Haram fighters to be rehabilitated – MNJTF
- APC wins Nasarawa Central state constituency bye-election
- The remains of the late former senator, Buruju Kashamu, buried in Ijebu
- North East governors rally support for military fighting the Boko Haram in the region
- Kashamu loved Nigeria dearly but he was grossly misunderstood, Mr Reuben Abati says his late running mate groomed him
- Ekweremadu says the political crises in Edo state is an affront to Nigerian democracy
- US warn its citizens against travelling to Nigeria over the coronavirus pandemic
- “Nigerians will watch out for Obasanjo’s own end” – Ayodele Fayose upset about Obasanjo’s letter on Kashamu’s death
- Nigerians react as some Lagos churches reopen today amid fear of COVID-19