Estimated Reading Time: <1
Afrobeat musician Seun Kuti, has leapt in defense of Oba Rilwan Akiolu of Lagos, over the purported comments credited to him. The Lagos monarch, before the denial of the statement by the palace, was quoted to have threatened Lagos-based Igbos who wouldn’t vote the APC Lagos governorship candidate, Akinwumi Ambode, in Saturday’s election, with drowning.
However, an audio and video evidence surfaced online, later yesterday, which showed the monarch clearly reeling out threats to the Igbo elders, if they don’t vote for his candidate, come Saturday.
However, it appears outspoken Afro beat crooner is not convinced that the Royal father is capable of such conduct.
“Who are these people lying against the throne of Lagos?” Seun Kuti asked on his Facebook page. “I am sure the Oba of Lagos didn’t say those words cos if he did his days on the throne are numbered. For he is a father to all children and a host to all guests!”
An online publication, Freedom Online, was quoted as reporting that the Oba of Lagos had threatened the Igbos over the guber election.
Engaging his fans in the conversation, Seun Kuti, who is as fearless as his late father, Fela Anikulapo Kuti on political issues, said he trusts the Oba and believes the whole show is another trick of the PDP, APC’s leading opposition.
“I don’t have to wait for that to be refuted I can already see it’s the usual PDP dirty politics,” he wrote.
In an earlier post, Seun Kuti had written: “The callousness of the PDP is unrelenting oooo. Imagine the Igbos agreed yesterday to abandon a sinking ship and then the PDP tries to sell a lie that they will be drowned by the rescue boats. Isn’t that just wicked?”
- Whistleblowing should include issues of Public Safety – Vice President Osinbajo tells FG
- NERC suspends electricity tariff increase for 14 days
- Trump, Biden exchange words in chaotic first presidential debate
- House of representatives has withdrawn the water resources bill – here’s why
- Nigerian Senators reject Buhari’s nominee as PENCOM DG
- Nigeria’s 2020 budget has suffered a loss of over $14 billion – Senate President
- P&ID: UK Court orders release of $200 million deposit to Nigeria
- Nigeria@60: Federal Government declares October 1 Public holiday
- Buhari asks NASS for N147 billion refund for Ondo, four other states
- Convoy attack: Borno NASS members visit Zulum in Maiduguri