Estimated Reading Time: <1
Afrobeat musician Seun Kuti, has leapt in defense of Oba Rilwan Akiolu of Lagos, over the purported comments credited to him. The Lagos monarch, before the denial of the statement by the palace, was quoted to have threatened Lagos-based Igbos who wouldn’t vote the APC Lagos governorship candidate, Akinwumi Ambode, in Saturday’s election, with drowning.
However, an audio and video evidence surfaced online, later yesterday, which showed the monarch clearly reeling out threats to the Igbo elders, if they don’t vote for his candidate, come Saturday.
However, it appears outspoken Afro beat crooner is not convinced that the Royal father is capable of such conduct.
“Who are these people lying against the throne of Lagos?” Seun Kuti asked on his Facebook page. “I am sure the Oba of Lagos didn’t say those words cos if he did his days on the throne are numbered. For he is a father to all children and a host to all guests!”
An online publication, Freedom Online, was quoted as reporting that the Oba of Lagos had threatened the Igbos over the guber election.
Engaging his fans in the conversation, Seun Kuti, who is as fearless as his late father, Fela Anikulapo Kuti on political issues, said he trusts the Oba and believes the whole show is another trick of the PDP, APC’s leading opposition.
“I don’t have to wait for that to be refuted I can already see it’s the usual PDP dirty politics,” he wrote.
In an earlier post, Seun Kuti had written: “The callousness of the PDP is unrelenting oooo. Imagine the Igbos agreed yesterday to abandon a sinking ship and then the PDP tries to sell a lie that they will be drowned by the rescue boats. Isn’t that just wicked?”
- Planned protest by the Trade Union Congress, ill-advised – Presidency
- “COVID-19 pandemic responsible for sack of pilots” – Air Peace Management confirms NewsWireNGR Exclusive story
- “We are appalled by the worsening security situation” – Nigerian Governors break silence in a letter to President Buhari
- Opinion: The price of under-policing in Nigeria
- Candidate in the NBA elections, Dele Adesina, seeks election cancellation
- Just In: Ekiti workers suspend warning strike
- ‘Oshiomhole seeking the third term as a governor’ by proxy – Edo State Deputy Governor
- Oyewole Michael: One year after, will Dadiyata ever be found?
- NDDC Management denies fresh corruption allegations in new statement
- Lagos Chamber of Commerce says NIPOST guidelines must be removed