Estimated Reading Time: <1
by Musa Abdullahi
Governor Sule Lamido’s political woes may have deepened following the plan by his deputy,Alhaji Ahmad Mahmud to dump him for the opposition All Progressives Congress Party.
Baring any last minute change, the deputy governor will be received along with some Lamido’s loyalists to the APC today , by chairman of the party, Alhaji Ado Sani Kiri, party’s gubernatorial candidate, Alhaji Badaru Abubakar and other APC chieftains in the state at his Gumel ward.
Already, the Deputy Governor purported defection has triggered apprehension in the PDP camp as many of its supporters who spoke with Vanguard on condition of anonymity expressed surprise describing his action as “betrayal of trust.”
Ahmed Mahmud was a two-term deputy governor of Jigawa state who was elected with Sule Lamido Zon the platform of the PDP.
Other prominent politicians expected to join the APC train are the two ex-Jigawa governors, Ibrahim Saminu Turaki and Ali Saad Birnin-Kudu, Ex-Senator Bello Maitama, some serving commissioners, special advisers and special assistants.
- Drama as NDDC management walk out on House Of Reps committee members
- Senate approves N168.8 billion 2020 Budget For FIRS
- APC names Yahaya Bello as panel chairman of Ondo State Governorship Primary Election
- Armed police surround former NDDC MD Joi Nunieh’s residence
- Femi Gbajabiamila speaks on NDDC corruption investigations
- Federal government closes deal on N43bn Ibadan dry port
- FEC approves revised 2021-2023 MTEF/FSP
- Crude Oil gains despite demand, supply worries
- Cheta Nwanze: Let Magu be, Nigeria is a country where irony comes to die
- Ugep to stage anti-cultism, anti-violence rally July 22