Estimated Reading Time: <1
By Chris Nomjov
Fresh from the alleged reports of cases of electoral misgivings in Akwa Ibom, a mobile policeman, on Saturday reportedly shot dead by at Ibiam street, Uyo, the Akwa Ibom capital for insisting on sighting the result sheets for the presidential and national assembly elections.
It was learnt that INEC officers attached to the polling unit had allegedly, insisted on leaving with the ballot box after voting and but the youth insisted on seeing and ensuring that the results were entered into the result sheet. Consequently, he was shot dead by a mobile police officer.
It would be recalled that the Inspector General of Police, Sulaiman Abba had initially cautioned members of the electorate to vacate polling units, immediately after voting. However, following widespread reservations, the Police Boss retracted the call and urge that instead, unofficial vigilantes and private security details should be very far from polling units.
- Just In: Ondo Commissioner for Health, Dr Wahab Adegbenro dies
- High Court dismisses suit against Adams Oshiomhole
- Just In: Dubai police extradites ‘Hushpuppi’ & ‘Woodberry’ to the United States
- Persons with malaria and cold advised not to bother going to the airport – here’s why
- Nigeria’s continuous battle with married women and ‘state of origin’
- Just In: APC lists, Oyegun, Akpabio, Oshiomhole, Ganduje, Others, members of Edo Guber campaign council – read complete names
- OPay to shut all Nigerian operations excluding payments
- Nigerian table tennis champions qualify for 2021 Olympics
- Femi Falana, Olisa Agbakoba, Oby Ezekwesili, others launch new political movement
- FEC approves N10.6bn for roads in Kogi, Gombe and Adamawa States