Estimated Reading Time: <1
By Chris Nomjov
Fresh from the alleged reports of cases of electoral misgivings in Akwa Ibom, a mobile policeman, on Saturday reportedly shot dead by at Ibiam street, Uyo, the Akwa Ibom capital for insisting on sighting the result sheets for the presidential and national assembly elections.
It was learnt that INEC officers attached to the polling unit had allegedly, insisted on leaving with the ballot box after voting and but the youth insisted on seeing and ensuring that the results were entered into the result sheet. Consequently, he was shot dead by a mobile police officer.
It would be recalled that the Inspector General of Police, Sulaiman Abba had initially cautioned members of the electorate to vacate polling units, immediately after voting. However, following widespread reservations, the Police Boss retracted the call and urge that instead, unofficial vigilantes and private security details should be very far from polling units.
- Tinubu describes Obaseki as an errant, ill disciplined governor and a dictator, who has been contemptuous of the people of Edo state
- Breaking: European Union lifts travel restrictions
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Naira Marley irritates the hypocrisy in all of us
- Buhari signs amended Companies Allied Matters bill
- Lai Mohammed says the hate speech N5 million fine is to deter those willing to destabilise Nigeria
- DG of the Progressive Governors forum says party is losing electoral value
- Just In: NUPENG orders tanker drivers to Suspend services in Lagos
- Candidate of the APC in Edo State, Ize-Iyamu says he does not want to go to Jail
- Former Nassarawa SSG cleared of all allegations of financial misappropriation
- Reps summon finance minister, predecessor over N1.7 trillion