Estimated Reading Time: <1
By Chris Nomjov
Fresh from the alleged reports of cases of electoral misgivings in Akwa Ibom, a mobile policeman, on Saturday reportedly shot dead by at Ibiam street, Uyo, the Akwa Ibom capital for insisting on sighting the result sheets for the presidential and national assembly elections.
It was learnt that INEC officers attached to the polling unit had allegedly, insisted on leaving with the ballot box after voting and but the youth insisted on seeing and ensuring that the results were entered into the result sheet. Consequently, he was shot dead by a mobile police officer.
It would be recalled that the Inspector General of Police, Sulaiman Abba had initially cautioned members of the electorate to vacate polling units, immediately after voting. However, following widespread reservations, the Police Boss retracted the call and urge that instead, unofficial vigilantes and private security details should be very far from polling units.
- Lai Mohammed, “erroneously” amended the NBC Code – Board Chairman
- Nigeria not taking ISIS, Al-Queda warning lightly says DHQ
- Nigeria to reverse US suspension of immigrant visas to passport holders
- UNILAG Senate upholds Professor Ogundipe as VC
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Lai; The most dangerous minister in Buhari’s cabinet
- Multinational Joint Task Force says Boko Haram is now recruiting child soldiers
- Court adjourns trial of Former AGF Mohammed Adoke, Abubakar
- Multiple port charges escalate cargo delay at terminals – NAGAFF
- How my pastor trafficked me to Russia for prostitution; A hair stylist’s harrowing experience highlights Nigeria’s human trafficking problem
- Breaking: NBC fines Nigeria Info FM N5m over Obadiah Mailaifa interview