Estimated Reading Time: <1
By Chris Nomjov
The All Progressives Congress (APC), Governorship candidate in Akwa Ibom State, Umana Okon Umana has called for the cancellation of the presidential and senatorial elections in Akwa Ibom due to alleged irregularities recorded across polling units in the state.
It would be recalled that the All Progressive Congress (APC), Akwa Ibom State chapter, had raised an alarm of an alleged ‘unethical relationship’ between the Governor and the Resident Electoral Commissioner (REC), prior to the elections.
Umana said that elections in most parts of the state has been compromised due absence of card readers and result sheets. Speaking to PM News in his hometown, Nsit Ubuim, he said most polling units in the local government were without card readers and result sheets.
He claimed that Senator Effiong Bob of the Peoples Democratic Party and other top PDP members in the state have connived with Independent Electoral Commission, INEC officials to produce fake results on the election result sheets.
“I am calling for the cancellation of the election here in my local government, Nsit Ubuim because none of the polling units have result sheets. The election here is a total waste of time because result sheets are not here. Some units don’t even have card readers,” he said.
Umana however appealed to all APC members in the state to be calm as he would take up the issue with the INEC officials in Abuja.
“I call on all our members in the state to be calm. We will take up the issue with INEC and we hope that the situation would be address,” he said.
PM News spoke to an INEC presiding official in the local government and he confirmed that there was no election result given to them at the INEC office.
“They did not give us election result. We were ask to go and commence the accreditation. Maybe they will send the results later,” he said.
- Ondo State Deputy Speaker has been removed
- #EndSARS: Senate asks FG to use 1% of VAT to repair properties damaged by hoodlums
- Gombe House Of Assembly Speaker, Deputy Speaker impeached
- Buhari writes Senate, seeks Yakubu’s confirmation as INEC Chairman
- Federal High Court commence trial of Abdulrasheed Maina, in his absence
- Fashola says Nigeria needs N500Billion annually to develop road infrastructure
- There is nothing ’embarrassing’ in Nigeria importing fuel from Niger – Minister
- 2023: Governor Umahi says he has no plans for presidential bid
- Soldiers brutalise man in Asaba, tell him to ‘go and die’ in viral video
- #EndSARS: UK Parliament approves sanctions against Nigerian officials implicated in Lekki shooting