Estimated Reading Time: <1
By Chris Nomjov
In what appears remains a mystery to Akwa Ibom indigene, Hon. Okon Uwah, a former deputy speaker of the House of Assembly candidate in Akwa Ibom State, was reportedly killed on Wednesday while on campaign in Ward Three in the Ukanafun Local Government Area.
Uwah, who was contesting on the platform of the All Progressives Congress to represent the Ukanafun State Constituency, was said to have slumped and died, while campaigning in Nkek, in Ukanafun Local Government of the State.
The facts of his death remained sketchy as of the time of this report but our correspondent learnt late on Wednesday that the corpse had been deposited in a morgue in the area.
The state Commissioner of Police, Mr. Gabriel Achong, confirmed the killing to our correspondent in Uyo late on Wednesday.
He said his men had arrested many suspects.
The CP said, “I have just spoken with His Excellency, Governor Godswill Akpabio and he said I should bring all those responsible to book even if they are members of the Peoples Democratic Party.
“Because of that I have changed my plan to travel to Abuja for an engagement. I have moved the Area Commander in Ikot Ekpene and the Divisional Police Officers to Ukanafun.”
- Former Minister for Women Affairs, Aisha Alhassan dies
- Ebonyi Government says it will offer amnesty to repentant bandits
- Reps Committee summons NNPC, others over oil mining lease revocation
- ‘Buhari needs to speak to Nigerians; we didn’t vote for Garba Shehu or Femi Adesina’ – Dino Melaye
- I will stop being a Nigerian if Tinubu becomes President – Bode George
- Breaking: FG announce high profile Nigerians and institutions as financiers of terrorism
- “Some people are mercilessly against this country,” – Disappointed Buhari says
- Supreme court declares dissolution of Oyo Local Government Councils illegal
- Pastor Adeboye’s son to be buried on Tuesday May 11
- Abia Governor promises to rescue abducted ABSU student