Estimated Reading Time: <1
By Chris Nomjov
The Nigerian Police Force, Katsina State Command is under the spotlight after a reported rape case, involving two of her officers. Police Corporal, Hamza Aliyu, has been remanded in prison for allegedly raping the 15-year old daughter of a Deputy Commissioner of Police.
It was learnt that the suspect Aliyu, with force number FP/No 237399 is attached to the Transport/ Workshop Department of the Katsina Police Command. The prosecuting police officer, Inspector Hashimu Musa, told the Senior Magistrate’s Court that the suspect lured the victim to the old Berger Quarters opposite Mashasha filling station along Daura road, where he forcefully had sexual intercourse with her.
The Prosecuting Officer, Inspector Musa added that the action is contrary to Section 283 of the Penal Code. The judge, Nafisa Bagiwa, ordered that the suspect be remanded in prison and adjourned the case to March 26.
- Senate invite Communications Minister over insecurity
- #EndSARS: Federal Government reaches out to UK over sanction threats
- Nigerian Government may soon reopen land borders
- Breaking: Diego Maradona is dead
- Police on escort duty shoot 17 year old girl, others in Bayelsa
- Nnamdi Kanu’s trial to begin in absentia
- Ondo lawmakers divided over deputy speaker’s impeachment
- Finance Minister says Nigeria’s land borders will be reopened soon
- ‘Nigerian airlines are safe’; NCAA insists
- Abdulrasheed Maina’s lawyer dumps him, applies to quit case