Estimated Reading Time: <1
by Zenith Oduah
Harrison Ford is expected to make a ‘full recovery’ after his plane crashed yesterday, Thursday 5, 2015.
The 72-year old actor suffered wounds to his head when the two-seater plane he was piloting smashed into Penmar Golf Course in Venice, Los Angeles after he was forced to make an emergency landing when the engine malfunctioned.
His spokesperson said: ‘Harrison was flying a WW2 vintage plane today which stalled upon take off. He had no other choice but to make an emergency landing, which he did safely.’ ‘He was banged up and is in the hospital receiving medical care. The injuries sustained are not life threatening and he is expected to make a full recovery.’
And the ‘Star Wars’ actor’s son, Ben has reassured fans his father is doing ‘OK’. He tweeted: ‘At the hospital. Dad is ok. Battered, but ok! He is every bit the man you would think he is. He is an incredibly strong man.’
According to the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB), Harrison reported a loss of engine power to his plane and appeared to have hit the top of a tree before landing on the golf course.
The vintage training plane nose-dived into the grass shortly after takeoff from the Santa Monica Airport, according to Ian Gregor of the Federal Aviation Administration….
- Churches and Mosques remain closed in Lagos
- Again, blackout in Nigeria as national electricity grid collapse
- Nigerian senate raises crude oil benchmark to $28 per barrel
- Updated: Nigeria will work to ensure Adesina’s re-election – Buhari
- National Assembly approves Buhari’s $28.2 billion loan
- #JUSTICE4UWA: Senators want stiffer penalties for rapists and more protection for the girl child
- Breaking: Court orders Orji Kalu’s release
- Police arrests suspect linked to the rape and murder of Ms Vera Uwa
- Breaking: Reps reject motion to suspend 7.5% VAT
- Just In: Senator Munir Adekunle Muse is dead