Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Governor of Rivers State and Chairman of the APC Presidential Campaign Organisation, Chief Rotimi Amaechi has called on the masses in Rivers State, to keep aside their brotherly ties and vote, as their stomachs lead. Chief Amaechi stated this yesterday, while campaigning for APC at the Degema Obonoma and Abonnema communities in Degema and Akuku-Toru Local government area of Rivers state.
Gov Rotimi Amaechi was quoted as saying to the people to vote for their stomach and not because their brother, President Jonathan was in the race to be re-elected as President.
“This election is not about brother, it is about your stomach. If dollar likes, it can get to N300 or N400 to a dollar, the President can afford it but you can’t afford it. Now they tried everything possible to stop the dollar from losing control. They couldn’t because the economy will determine whether the dollar will lose control or not and the economy has done that already. Another one is fuel. They have done everything possible to pay for fuel. They can’t pay. The money is not there. Now, there is fuel crisis.
they win, they will abandon you completely because they have no solution to the problems. The first solution to the problems is a new government. Are we going to win? The answer is yes. We have not started campaign. We will start campaign by the end of this week. We will see the crowd again that will frighten the president. Nigerians want change.
“Things have got to change. See your road. Two years ago, I sat with the president and Kalabari chiefs and I said, ‘Allow me take this road. The president said no’. You can see the road. Next rainy season, you cannot drive into this place unless you change the President and if you change the President, then the new President can fix the road.” he added.
- Zamfara Government orders immediate closure of all boarding schools in the state
- IGP calls for calm amid the tension caused by Jangebe schoolgirls abduction
- Controversy trails attempted arrest of Sunday Igboho
- Delta State bans night grazing, underage cattle herders in the state
- Bandits who abducted Jangebe schoolgirls are different from the ones I met – Gumi
- Police confirms 317 schoolgirls were abducted in Zamfara school
- Just in: Osinbajo tells CBN to regulate, not ban cryptocurrency
- Police in Rivers State dissolve the ‘Eagle Crack Squad’ unit of the force
- Jangebe Abductions: The terrorists attacked the soldiers in the community before they entered the school- Teacher reveals
- Muslims in Kwara public schools can now wear Hijabs – Kwara State government