Estimated Reading Time: <1
by Zenith Oduah
If you read NewsWireNGR earlier we reported the face off between Giuliana Rancic and Zendaya over the comment she made that almost cost her relation with co-host of the E! Fashion Police, Kelly Osbourne.
But if you missed the story, click here.
Giuliana has now apologized for offending the young star, Zendaya, writing on Twitter. “Dear @Zendaya, I’m sorry I offended you and others. I was referring to a bohemian chic look. Had NOTHING to do with race and NEVER would!!!”.
Giuliana Rancic had criticised Disney actress Zendaya Coleman’s locs to the Oscars on E! Fashion police on Monday, Rancic said ‘Zendaya looks like she smells of weed.’
WATCH THE APOLOGY
A transcript of what she said…
“I want to apologize for a comment that I made on last night’s ‘Fashion Police’ about Zendaya’s hair,” Rancic said on “E! News.”
“I want to say to Zendaya, and anyone else out there that I have hurt, I am so, so sincerely sorry,” the host added.
“This really has been a learning experience for me; I’ve learned a lot today, and this incident has taught me to be a lot more aware of cliches and stereotypes — how much damage they can do, and that I am responsible, as we all are, to not perpetuate them further.”
- NBC asks DSS to arrest operators of Radio Biafra
- Police in Sokoto confirms terrorists killed 12 persons In Illela
- A splinter Boko Haram group, regrouping in my state – Nasarawa Governor Raises Alarm
- Terrorists that attacked in Kaduna are from neighbouring states – Commissioner
- Ondo Government bans NURTW, RTEAN activities in the state
- Lagos shuts down Cubana nightclub, arrests 172 COVID-19 violators
- Breaking: Governor Bala Mohammed of Bauchi State and convoy involved in an accident
- Fearing terrorist attack, Yobe State Government closes all boarding schools
- Food items will not be transported to southwest until Fulanis are safe – Miyetti Allah
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Food blockade of south by north