Estimated Reading Time: <1
The new Kogi State Commissioner of Police, Samuel Ogunjemilusi, has pledged to provide security to the people of the state before, during, and after elections in the state.
Ogunjemilusi, who disclosed this while speaking with journalists in his office in Lokoja, shortly after assuming office, stated that the police under his command would maintain law and order with zero tolerance for violence in any form.
He based his speech more on security for the 2015 election, insisting that the crime rate is unacceptable.
Ogunjemilusi assured the residents of the state that his command would make the state the safest and most peaceful state in the country.
Earlier before this, a one-day interactive session for stakeholders and party candidates on constituency reportage and community outreaches was organised by Kogi Central CSOs Network in Okene.
The initiative was taken by a coalition of Civil Society organisations in the zone to erase the battered image of politics in the central zone of Kogi State.
- NLC suspends week long strike in Cross River
- NNPC appoints, redeploys top management Staff
- 632 candidates fail Law School bar final exams
- President Buhari is an ‘accidental president’ ‘ – Fasyose
- Ondo Deputy governor asks Akeredolu to hand over government, gives 21 day ultimatum
- Kanye West announces US presidential bid
- Rumours about Ebenezer Obey’s death are wicked and unfounded – Son
- People living with disabilities will be priotised in N-Power – FG
- Kano government to establish state anti-corruption institute
- Court of Appeal affirms Yahaya Bello as Governor of Kogi State – dismisses appeal of the PDP for lacking in merit