Estimated Reading Time: <1
Sequel to the defection of 6 PDP House of Reps members to other political parties yesterday Feb. 17th, the APC now has clear majority in the House of Reps according to a report by Channels TV.
The lawmakers, Robinson Uwak (Akwa-Ibom) and Mohammed Ibrahim (Jigawa) defected to the APC, Tobias Okwurio Chukwuemeka (Ebonyi) and Peter Ali (Ebonyi) moved to the Labour Party, Akpan Umoh (Akwa-Ibom) defected to Accord Party while Chineyen Eke (Abia) defected to APGA.
With the defections, the total number of APC members in the lower chamber now stands at 181 while the PDP members in the house is 156. Other parties in the house now share 23 seats, with SDP occupying 10, the Labour Party five, APGA four, PDM two, and the Accord Party two seats.
- Kwara Governor invites EFCC to probe Kwara LG funds
- Over 200 Lagos doctors have been infected with COVID-19 – Medical Guild
- Decapitated, dismembered body of Gokada CEO found in NYC apartment
- Nigeria’s first female combat helicopter pilot has died
- Enugu airport will reopen August 30
- Goodluck Jonathan appointed ECOWAS apecial envoy to Mali
- Lagos lawmakers directed to undergo COVID-19 test
- American woman rescued after being held by Nigerian facebook lover for more than a year
- House propose 5-year ban from partisan politics for ex-electoral officials
- National Assembly will engage security agencies to prevent killings in Kaduna – Lawan