Estimated Reading Time: <1
Sequel to the defection of 6 PDP House of Reps members to other political parties yesterday Feb. 17th, the APC now has clear majority in the House of Reps according to a report by Channels TV.
The lawmakers, Robinson Uwak (Akwa-Ibom) and Mohammed Ibrahim (Jigawa) defected to the APC, Tobias Okwurio Chukwuemeka (Ebonyi) and Peter Ali (Ebonyi) moved to the Labour Party, Akpan Umoh (Akwa-Ibom) defected to Accord Party while Chineyen Eke (Abia) defected to APGA.
With the defections, the total number of APC members in the lower chamber now stands at 181 while the PDP members in the house is 156. Other parties in the house now share 23 seats, with SDP occupying 10, the Labour Party five, APGA four, PDM two, and the Accord Party two seats.
- Just In: Schools across Nigeria remain closed – here’s all you need to know about the lifted restrictions
- In Nigeria, domestic flights to resume Operations from June 21
- Breaking: Religious gatherings can now resume – FG
- Edo Polls: Obaseki seeks Buhari’s intervention
- Breaking: APC governors converge in Abuja for crucial meeting on Obaseki
- Police confirms assassination of district head, APC chairman by bandits
- Breaking: Nigerian Govt reduces petrol pump price to N121.50 per litre
- Breaking: Tribunal rejects party’s request to join petition in Bayelsa governorship dispute
- Salawa Abeni’s 19 year old blackmailer has been arrested
- “Aboki” and the dangers of othering in Nigeria