Estimated Reading Time: <1
by Musa Abdullahi
The endorsement of the candidacy of Maj. General Muhammadu Buhari of the All Progressives Congress by a Northern Christian group has triggered some dissensions.
The Southern Kaduna Christian Leaders Council has repudiated it. In a communique signed by Chairman of the group and Catholic Bishop of Kafanchan Diocese, Rt Rev. Joseph Bagobiri, at the end of their meeting in Kaduna on Friday, the Kaduna Christian Leaders urged northern Christians to disregard the move, adding that decision on the candidate to support will be mad known later.
The leaders said the endorsement of Buhari by the group based in Abuja was ‘self-serving’.
The Christian leaders said what was paramount to them at the moment was to offer prayers for peaceful elections.
They also called on Christians to ensure that they obtain their Permanent Voter Cards to enable them cast their votes for candidates of their choice.
The group also called on government at all levels to produce maximum security for all citizens during and after the elections.
The Abuja group said they support Buhari because of his integrity, honesty and incorruptible antecedents. They said they have a conviction that he would move Nigeria forward.
- 313 More COVID-19 cases reported, total Infections Hit 7,839
- Buhari’s Fuji house of commotion
- Abike Dabiri accuses Minister, Ali Pantami of driving her staff out of NCC property –
- Buhari “regime” is pursuing political annihilation of the South – group alleges
- Two new cases of coronavirus recorded in Enugu State
- Social distancing was not fully enforced during the Eid prayers in Kano
- Nigeria confirms 265 new cases of COVID-19, totalling 7,526
- In Borno State Governor Zulum Attends Eid Prayers While Social Distancing
- President Buhari Celebrates Eid-El-Fitr Privately Amid COVID-19 Pandemic
- Eid-el-Fitr: NSCDC Deploys 500 Officers In Yobe