Estimated Reading Time: <1
Following the rescheduling of the 2015 general elections, the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has once again extended the deadline for collection of Permanent Voter Cards by registered voters.
The commission in a statement signed by its Secretary, Mrs. Augusta Ogakwu, said collection of the cards will continue for four more weeks until March 8th, 2015.
It would be recalled that INEC had, on Saturday, February 7, 2015, rescheduled the 2015 general elections due to security challenges. The national elections (i.e. Presidential and National Assembly) have been rescheduled to hold on March 28, 2015 while the state elections (Governorship and State Assembly) will now hold on April 11th 2015.
“The Commission hopes that this extension will finally avail every registered person yet to collect his/her PVC the opportunity to do so in readiness for the general elections,” Ogakwu said
- There is no big deal in Super Eagles travelling to Benin Republic by boat – NFF President
- COVID-19: Edo State confirms receipt of vaccines from Federal Government
- Federal Government should hire mercenaries to end insurgency – Borno Governor
- Cattle and Foodstuff Dealers Association decide to end blockade
- Gunmen storm Sokoto Commissioner’s house; kidnap family members
- Foodstuff, Cattle dealers insist strike will continue
- Oyo State will not provide free land for private ranching – Seyi Makinde
- Gombe State Governor appoints Danladi Maiyamba as Mai Tangle
- Federal Government extends tenure of network operators on NIN/SIM registration
- 2.3 million Nigerians register for COVID-19 vaccine in less than 24 hours – NPHCDA