Estimated Reading Time: <1
Ivorian football legend and Chelsea striker, Didier Drogba is renowned for his great goals, as well as his charitable works in Abidjan, his hometown. The striker recently showed off the first of five clinics, in Abidjan, Cote Ivoire which his charity Foundation has almost completed. He wrote; “Happy to announce our 1st clinic in Abidjan is nearly finished. We will host next charity ball for the foundation on 18th April in London – more info soon! #didierdrogbafoundation”
Through his charitable foundation, the former Ivory Coast captain and erstwhile Galatasaray forward, had announced in July 2013, that he will help fund the construction of five clinics specializing in children and women’s health spread throughout the country. The announcement was made by Didier Drogba Foundation secretary Guy Roland Tanoh, who said that the projects are being funded by the organization’s London galas and Drogba’s personal contributions.
- Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority suspends airline, grounds 15 aircraft
- Senate passes anti-sexual harassment bill
- Ibrahim Magu has been suspended as the acting EFCC boss
- Reps to investigate alleged withdrawal of $1.5 billion from NLNG account
- Katsina spent N30 Million on amnesty for repentant bandits
- Nigerian Senate wants Ibadan Airport named after late Senator Abiola Ajimobi
- Just In: Ondo Assembly begins process to impeach deputy governor
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Do you know the hate speech bill is still alive and well at the senate?
- COVID-19: Personal assistants and aides not allowed in airport terminals, FG tells VIPs
- Presidential Panel had Ibrahim Magu of EFCC detained for 6 hours after arrest at the commissions headquarters