Estimated Reading Time: <1
Billionaire businessman, the Asoju Oba of Lagos, Babasuwa of Ijebu-Remo, Odofin of Ife, the current Chancellor of Lagos State University and chairman of CFAO Nigeria Limited, Chief Molade Okoya-Thomas has died.
He died today February 2nd. He was 79. Journalists and Politician, Dele Momodu also confirmed the demise of Chief Thomas on twitter.
I’ve just received the sad news of the death of business Titan & sports enthusiast CHIEF MOLADE OKOYA-THOMAS; may his soul Rest in Peace.
— Dele Momodu (@DeleMomodu) February 2, 2015
Molade Alexandria Okoya-Thomas FCNA, MFR, OFR, KSS was born 8 June 1935 in Lagos. He obtained his formal education at Princess School Lagos, Baptist Academy Lagos, Balham & Tooting College of Commerce London and Columbia University New York. He has been recognised as the Asoju Oba of Lagos, Babasuwa of Ijebu-Remo, Odofin of Ife.
Molade Okoya-Thomas studied at Princess School, Lagos, 1946; Balham and Tooting College of Commerce, London, 1956–1959; Columbia University, New York, US, 1981. He was appointed Director, Transcap Nigeria Limited; Director, Niger Motors Industries Limited; Chairman, Studio Press Nigeria Limited and as been the Chairman of CFAO Nigeria Limited since 1987.
He currently serves as Chairman of many organisations including CICA (Nigeria) Ltd., Transcap Nigeria Ltd., Oktom Investment Ltd., Itochu Nigeria Ltd., Chiyoda Nigeria Ltd. and Anchoria Investment & Securities Ltd. He also serves as Director of NFI Insurance Company Plc and GatewayBank Plc.
- SSANU suspends 3 weeks strike
- Twitter announces feature that lets you charge for tweets
- Victor Ejechi: Agricultural Production and the Development of the Nigerian Economy
- Insecurity: Buhari refuses amnesty for terrorist herders
- Kagara Abductions: ‘We are left to ourselves’ Niger Governor laments lack of support from FG
- If we don’t borrow, we will be left behind as a country – Finance Minister
- Kaduna Government says MDAs will only serve individuals with the State Residents Card, NIN
- Cattle and Foodstuff dealers begin nationwide strike
- Smart Adeyemi must apologize to Ikpeazu for calling him a ‘champagne drinking Governor’ – Theodore Orji
- ‘He who alleges must prove’ Bala Mohammed challenges Ortom