Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), has called on its members to remain calm and committed to winning the forthcoming general elections. This was contained in a statement issued by Alhaji Hassan Saba, Public Relations Officer of PDP in Niger State in Minna on Friday.
The statement, according to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), followed the National Assembly Election Petition Tribunal’s verdict nullifying the election of Nuhu Zagbayi (PDP) in favour of David Umaru of APC on January 30. NAN recalls that a bye-election was held in August 2014 in which Zagbayi was declared winner.
The statement said PDP was studying the judgment.
“PDP remains the winning party. The judgment will make the party more determined to win the forthcoming general elections across the country.
“We call on our teeming supporters to remain calm. The judgment has further motivated us to work harder to harness established electoral fortunes of the PDP.
“We are not deterred, we have been victorious, and we will always remain committed to sustain our victories in the state since 1999.
“I call on our party faithful to collect their voter cards before the general elections.
“You must get your voter cards to elect PDP candidates across all elective positions especially the zone B senatorial candidate,” it added.
- Over 15 million Nigerians abuse drugs – NDLEA new boss promises to end drug abuse
- Abuja resident hospitalised after IGP’s orderly fires AK-47 rifle in beer parlour
- Buba Marwa resumes office as NDLEA Chairman
- Invest in dispelling COVID-19 misinformation – Cross River Primary Healthcare DG urges FG
- Oyo PDP alleges APC is behind production of fake Amotekun uniforms
- Anambra first lady, Ebelechukwu Obiano gets moderna COVID-19 vaccine in America
- 2023: Nigerians should reward Tinubu with Presidency – House of Rep member
- Declare Dogara’s seat vacant; PDP asks court
- Buhari appoints DG for National Directorate of Employment
- Federal Government says COVID-19 tests are not required for returning students